$4,000 New RC3 or Tonkin

Dwalk70

Advice on which cue too buy. I like both. Decided to go with the one most likely to lose the less value over time?

Dwalk70

Jj America is the cheapest place I’ve found for an actual new cue. Or else you deal with a reseller where you don’t have a clue the whole story on a cue.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knowing what cue is going to hold value the best is guesswork at best. Buy a cue you like to play with.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your going to actually play with it I would think the value would go down each time u ding it.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jj America is the cheapest place I’ve found for an actual new cue. Or else you deal with a reseller where you don’t have a clue the whole story on a cue.
I bought a new cue from them for $475. The cue they shipped me had lathe marks visible under the finish (a sanding issue?), and the shaft had some taper roll. When I tried to return the cue under their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" policy, they said the poor quality was a known trait of the maker (not by me!), and they would not take the cue back unless I paid a restocking fee. I will never buy a cue from them again.

Last edited:

Dwalk70

This is a review of J&J . That’s what happens when you buy cheap cues . That will never happen with Richards or Pete’s cues period .
Glad you said that. Hopefully jj is someone who I can trust has actual new cues from the maker to sell. Most other people I’ve talked to in the resell market are professional bull shitters. That’s why I’m willing to pay for a new cue.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I bought a new cue from them for $475. The cue they shipped me had lathe marks visible under the finish (a sanding issue?), and the shaft had some taper roll. When I tried to return the cue under their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" policy, they said the poor quality was a known trait of the maker (not by me!), and they would not take the cue back unless I paid a restocking fee. I will never buy a cue from them again.

People either love or hate J & J, my problem is there web-site is not up to date, actually web-site is down, they use to have items listed they do not have, or have had in years.

PASS ON J & J.

Found their site:

Last edited:

Dwalk70

Buying a Tonkin from j&j your buying something he’s made a lot of your not getting a one of a kind . 4K for his cues is on the high end of the low end . It sounds like your too anxious to wait . To really get something special you’ll have to spend time on the phone and come up ideas of what you like and what you can
So u r saying if I call Pete and spend 4K on a cue I help design in the future it will be worth more than spending 4K on one available now on jj website??
This is interesting. Can anyone else say this is true.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So u r saying if I call Pete and spend 4K on a cue I help design in the future it will be worth more than spending 4K on one available now on jj website??
This is interesting. Can anyone else say this is true.

J & J America has no web-site,so decide on builder, and work with them direct, not no middle man.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
I'd buy the cue I like the looks of better! It's always more fun to play with a cue you dig. You can't go wrong with either builder, both are topnotch.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
J & J America has no web-site,so decide on builder, and work with them direct, not no middle man.

Yes they do:

Last edited: