4-Ball in Edmonton

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see someone posting 4 Balls video. Were you playing to 500,200, 150,100, or 50 points? Look like 4x8 table. How many tables in Billiard Room?

AlinEdm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing against Mike (Alberta Bill) the games are 300 to 50 points, with him needing 2 3-cushions to finish things off. He is a great guy, taking the time to teach me the fundamentals, and letting us play well after closing.
Right now there are six 4x8 carom tables and three pocket tables that are seldom used. In conversation it is apparent he wants to expand the clientele beyond the Korean community and so is looking at bringing in two high quality 9 foot tables; the name Diamond comes up, but we will have to see. Whatever the brand he choses, he wants a fast cloth.

Update: Played Mike tonight a game 250 to 80 and made it to the 3c before he finished me off. I'm getting better :)

Last edited:

AlinEdm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something I hadn't noticed until a friend pointed it out is that the room is so bright there are no lights above the tables.

What I forgot to pass on is that there is no alcohol served...

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else. This is (Alberta Billiard), mister." ;)

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
Most Asian Billiard rooms I have been to usually do not have table light fixtures but have lighting from the ceiling. I actually like the brightness of the rooms versus ones where it is really dark except for the playing area of the table.

AlinEdm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alberta Billiards is now Bobos Karaoke

Alberta Billiards is now Bobos Karaoke. Most of the 4x8 carom tables are gone but they kept two at the back of the room behind a wall which can be rented for $13/hr.. Dean may not like it but the room is much darker, and they now serve alcohol.

I’ve played about a dozen times there before the renovation and enjoyed the games but was self conscious of being the only guy that didn’t speak Korean. Because it was difficult to convince people not only to try a new game but also do it without a drink, I went less and it fell of the schedule. With the new layout offering a semi-private table with alcohol it could be easier to find players for carom games.