5:03 of this video!

What would happen?


  • Total voters
    9
Wow... I mean wow... I never saw him play 9-ball in his prime....wow...I always knew Ronnie was good but that was some of the best nine ball I have ever seen
 
Texas Prez said:
Wow... I mean wow... I never saw him play 9-ball in his prime....wow...I always knew Ronnie was good but that was some of the best nine ball I have ever seen

They didn't show enough to call it great 9-ball; all we saw was flawless potting and easy outs. Ronnie pockets the balls with more ease than anyone else on the planet. But 9-ball is also about dealing with very tricky layouts, and safety play, and kick returns from safety, hitting positional shots to a very small margin of error in some cases, planning breakout shots, etc. Any excellent player could have done what Ronnie was shown doing in the video; to be considered great 9-ball, he'd have to show us what he can do in some tougher situations.

But a player who pockets any shot on the table in the center of the pocket with total ease, and has good cueball control as well, is a player that can put pressure on anyone, and has a chance to win against anyone.

-Andrew
 
Back
Top