5/16x18 butt for Cynergy 12.5mm and Revo 12.9mm?

samshaw314

Hi - I am looking to buy a cheap cue so I can use the butt to swap between Cynergy and Revo shafts - 5/16x18 diameter.
Anyone has insights into what brand I can look at, where the butt will sit flushly with both Cynergy 12.5mm and Revo 12.9mm?

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 12.4, and my opinion os it belongs on a Predator butt. Mine is on a Falcon made when Eddie Chen produced butts for Predator. It is a nice combo, but the Cynergy on that original Lucasi is great.

I have tried both on other brands, and the Cynergy seemed to work better on non-Predator butts. And, I use Kamui clear black only on my cf

samshaw314

Same, kamui clear on my cue as well. I recently purchased an AVID cue just cos I needed a butt to go with my SVB cynergy shaft (the original SVB cue butt had collar issues, and I wasnt ready to spend $100 in shipping to Seyberts and going without a cue, hence).

And I just feel so restricted being tied down to a cuetec joint, hence the thought of maybe trying on another joint to try other brands if needed, in the future.

BlueRaider

Registered
I bought a 5/16x18 Meucci butt for my OB Classic+ shaft on eBay. It fits just about perfectly. May be a mismatch of a couple mms but nothing really noticeable.

If you want to go really cheap you can probably find a plain jane Players cue with a 5/16x18 pin for $60-$70.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players,, Valhalla by Viking, Meucci all have 5/16x18 pins. You can find them used all over the place. Many of the random cheaper cues have that pin also.

I don't think Lucasi has a 5/16x18 pin normally, quick release unilock or 3/8x10 is what I have seen.

samshaw314

Players,, Valhalla by Viking, Meucci all have 5/16x18 pins. You can find them used all over the place. Many of the random cheaper cues have that pin also.

I don't think Lucasi has a 5/16x18 pin normally, quick release unilock or 3/8x10 is what I have seen.
another rookie question but do all these 5/16x18 pins/brands have the same joint diameter to sit flushly with a cynergy or revo?

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
another rookie question but do all these 5/16x18 pins/brands have the same joint diameter to sit flushly with a cynergy or revo?
No

The odds of getting a butt dia. to match your shaft(Revo/Cynergy/meucii,Lucasi,...etc) is pretty much a crap-shoot.

They're all different. Don't over think it. They can vary by a couple of thousandths(.002"), up to .025", or more on the diameter.

Most will be around .840".... Best advice is measure both of your shafts, then ask the seller or measure the butt dia.

Only way to be sure, is have a cue maker match them, but really is unnecessary. It wont affect the playability.

Find something that you like, then have it matched, if you keep it.

samshaw314

No

The odds of getting a butt dia. to match your shaft(Revo/Cynergy/meucii,Lucasi,...etc) is pretty much a crap-shoot.

They're all different. Don't over think it. They can vary by a couple of thousandths(.002"), up to .025", or more on the diameter.

Most will be around .840".... Best advice is measure both of your shafts, then ask the seller or measure the butt dia.

Only way to be sure, is have a cue maker match them, but really is unnecessary. It wont affect the playability.

Find something that you like, then have it matched, if you keep it.
Thank you :)

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I'm also assuming both of your shafts are flat faced. With no insert pilot.

Like the 3 on the right below.

1655844872450.png

crazy8legs

Registered
Valhalla are the best deal for a new cue with a 5/16x18 joint (A used Meucci, Action, or Players should also work). I believe they have a joint diameter of 0.845 which both of those shafts fall close to. (Do not get a Lucasi as they mostly use a Uni-Loc joint and will not fit.)

samshaw314

Valhalla are the best deal for a new cue with a 5/16x18 joint (A used Meucci, Action, or Players should also work). I believe they have a joint diameter of 0.845 which both of those shafts fall close to. (Do not get a Lucasi as they mostly use a Uni-Loc joint and will not fit.)
so even if they dont sit flush, thats normal?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valhalla is .850" Viking cues are .840" you will need to bore and ream the shaft insert to 17/64" so it works with the Viking pin though.