9’ Brunswick Anniversary Pool Table “Barn Find”

Timkrieger

Checking Southern California CL for fun and came across an ad that looked too good to be true for an early 50’s Brunswick Centennial pool table with a ball return. Faded and worn, but 100% complete and original. Table needed to be moved fast to close escrow. I told the owner whose family had owned the table for years that the table was worth much more than he was asking for, but he said he just wanted it out I made the deal for a couple hundred bucks, rented a U-Haul trailer, enlisted my father in law for help and set out on a 10 hour drive to San Diego to get the table. Definitely a little nervous to be driving that far on a Craigslist deal, especially one that sounded to good to be true. But, sometimes you just have to go with your gut, trust people, and take a chance. Everything turned out great! The table had been in same spot for 50+ years, since ‘67, hadn't been played on regularly since the early 80’s. Took it apart, packed it up and set out on the 10 hour drive back home with my “brand new to me” Brunswick 9’ Anniversary! Great way to spend a Saturday! Starting the restoration process this week.
76EB8C38-4EDC-416A-A6DF-B30726DF5700.jpeg
B25728A2-38C6-450D-981A-D8855FA8AC2A.jpeg
A1B154BF-FC26-478C-8632-85E7528FC3FC.jpeg
1943E824-062E-4E33-8C81-86B52FEBBC2A.jpeg

phreaticus

Wow, what a find. Congrats man, amazing table. I hunted months far & wide early last year for a decent used CG, Anniversary, or Centennial, and would have also made such a trip for that table. I lost patience & had to “settle” for a new CG6. Enjoy that beauty

Timkrieger

Wow, what a find. Congrats man, amazing table. I hunted months far & wide early last year for a decent used CG, Anniversary, or Centennial, and would have also made such a trip for that table. I lost patience & had to “settle” for a new CG6. Enjoy that beauty
Thanks! Yes I have a 10' Centennial pool table, but always loved the Anniversary also so when I saw this I had to jump on it especially with the fully functional ball return. This table had a lot of the original factory stickers and tags still on it, like a time capsule! I definitely told the seller that he could sell the table for a lot more, didn't want to take advantage of the guy. Also, didn't want to show up and have it sold out from under me because he suddenly found out it was worth more. But, he assured me, he was ok, he just needed to close escrow and his main priority was getting the table out. Worked out all the way around. His house was in San Diego and had quite a nice view, owned by the family for over 60 years, so I understand why he was excited to close escrow and get paid on the house!

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, first thing I noticed was that original Brunswick Gold Crown rack. There was a few cool cues in there, but also an original Anniversary/Centennial metal head bridge which I did not have and really appreciated!
(y)(y) Real Nice, My son picked one up last year, also an Anniversary- he has it in storage, waiting to buy a house for it to fit :))). He also got $1500 worth of cues and a cue rack! Great find for you! Enjoy!! Now I have little more faith in the future of California!:)