9 Ball and Bowling

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Big if here, but if I had plenty of money, I would challenge anyone to a set of 9 Ball, race to 11, 13, doesn't matter, and a set of Bowling, same amount of games. I don't have a lot of money and I'm not saying that I can bet as much as some would like, but if anyone is interested in maybe getting together to try this, let me know. Even if it's just for pride, which I have a lot of, I'll do it for nothing. I will be in Vegas this weekend for the Riviera tournament and maybe we could set it up then. Peace.

manlyshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rude Dog said:
Uhhhhh, I'll be right there, really, wait for me.

Rude Dog, I wish you well in Vegas and hope you have a great trip. Good to hear of you back in the saddle again on the pool scene. May the pool gods treat you well! ;)

ManlyShot

Rude Dog said:
Big if here, but if I had plenty of money, I would challenge anyone to a set of 9 Ball, race to 11, 13, doesn't matter, and a set of Bowling, same amount of games. I don't have a lot of money and I'm not saying that I can bet as much as some would like, but if anyone is interested in maybe getting together to try this, let me know. Even if it's just for pride, which I have a lot of, I'll do it for nothing. I will be in Vegas this weekend for the Riviera tournament and maybe we could set it up then. Peace.

Unfortunately I won't be able to jump on a plane to Vegas or Ariz. any quicker than you can get to NY, plus I don't bowl. So in lieu of bowling maybe something similar to a Superstars competition with multiple events would be fun if I do go out west in the future. I was thinking in terms of pick-up-sticks, jacks, hop-scotch, electric football, and baseball card flipping. As a grand finale, bar hopping to see who can pick up the most girls. Hey....wait a minute...screw the superstars event and the pool...let's just move to the grand finale. :D

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Rude Dog said:

Hey, I'm in! Unless it's for pride because I don't have any barrels to fire! :D

P.S. I meant, I'm in with you. I'm bad at many games/sports, and bowling just happens to be the one I'm the worst at.

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
manlyshot said:
Rude Dog, I wish you well in Vegas and hope you have a great trip. Good to hear of you back in the saddle again on the pool scene. May the pool gods treat you well! ;)

ManlyShot
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. It should be an interesting trip back into the pool scene once again. I hope all of the pool gods are hovering over my table cuz I will need em'.

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Jimmy M. said:
Hey, I'm in! Unless it's for pride because I don't have any barrels to fire! :D

P.S. I meant, I'm in with you. I'm bad at many games/sports, and bowling just happens to be the one I'm the worst at.
I already know what game we still haven't had a chance to beat each others head in yet, and that would be golf. Do I have a chance if I shoot 95? Cuz I'd do cart wheels if I shot it. Well, maybe not cart wheels, but I can do a belly flop real well.

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
Now your talking!!! How about race to 9 9-ball for $50, a game of golf for $5 a skin, and bowling for 25 cents a game. Hehe... I suck ass at bowling, I'm lucky to break a hundred. But im a B+ - A player in pool and around a 14-18 handicapper in golf.

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
shawnNC said:
will travel for the right bet. private message me.
If I had it to bet, I'd bet it. Right now I couldn't make it worth it if you lived around the corner from me. But you will be the first one to know when I do have it to bet.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I'd like to offer the same bet, only substituting bowling. I'll play someone a long set of 9-ball, then we'll have an "obfuscated code" contest in Perl. I'm not good enough to win the real obfuscated Perl contest, but I'm hoping that I can hang with someone who can beat me playing 9-ball :eek:!

Or we can do away with that idea and we'll play a set of 9 ball, then a game of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, baby! :D I'm probably opening myself up to get robbed here because I know there are a lot of other Star Wars freaks out there, some of which probably play pretty good 9-ball.

OR --- We can play 9 ball, then argue about politics!!! :D :D

P.S. If you're wondering what the hell an obfuscated Perl contest is, look no further ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_Perl_contest

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Jimmy M. said:
I'd like to offer the same bet, only substituting bowling. I'll play someone a long set of 9-ball, then we'll have an "obfuscated code" contest in Perl. I'm not good enough to win the real obfuscated Perl contest, but I'm hoping that I can hang with someone who can beat me playing 9-ball :eek:!

Or we can do away with that idea and we'll play a set of 9 ball, then a game of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, baby! :D I'm probably opening myself up to get robbed here because I know there are a lot of other Star Wars freaks out there, some of which probably play pretty good 9-ball.

OR --- We can play 9 ball, then argue about politics!!! :D :D

P.S. If you're wondering what the hell an obfuscated Perl contest is, look no further ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_Perl_contest
Strange, very very strange Jimmy.