9 Ball Break Shot

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The break shot is the most important shot in the game of 9 ball. Please post your individual methods of breaking, such as: stance, aim, grip, follow through, head placement over the cue, how far or low you get over the break shot, etc. This should make for an interesting thread, and can help some of the newer players improve their break shots from the advice given. Also, if Earl Strickland wants to give some advice on the break that wouldn't be too bad either. ;) Looking forward to everyone's input.

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
I've written a couple of articles about my personal 9 ball break. The first (which I wrote second) is called Power Breaking . In that particular article, I concentrate on using weight transfer to generate power on the break. The second article (which I wrote first) is called Controlling the Nine Ball Break . In this article, I demonstrate my technique for pocketing the one ball, and then show why that's not necessarily a good idea. Afterward, I show a break geared more toward percentage play.

These two articles are representations of only two aspects of my personal break. Different tables break differently, requiring different placement of the CB, and different contact points on the one ball. These differences will dictate different tactics, so these definitely are not the only techniques I use, but it would take far more space than we have here to describe all the things I do in order to try to make a ball on the break!

djb

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
Matt_24- Check out www.billiardsanctuary.com and look under the break section listed on the menu at the left. Timothy White has created some fantastic training videos, has one of the best Schools out there that I've found. I am going to be attending his school next July.

GOOD LUCK!

Zim

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
break shots ...

People are a little hesitant to talk too much detail about break shots. Someone
you know might read it, and use it to beat you ..... LOL

We all know that players steal break shots from other players that break better .... <smile>

B

Beavis

Zims Rack said:
Matt_24- Check out www.billiardsanctuary.com and look under the break section listed on the menu at the left. Timothy White has created some fantastic training videos, has one of the best Schools out there that I've found. I am going to be attending his school next July.

GOOD LUCK!

Zim

I have never heard of that guy, but have seen him in magazines. Does he play well ? How much is the school ? How would you rate his playing ability ?