9-Ball Finals Play-by-Play

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Congratulations to Neils. He is overdue. REP to Donovan-THANKS!

I just got back in town this evening and watched the Saints win their game. Had a great time at DCC.

It looked like Neils is getting taller. I played him a few years ago in New Orleans with weight and he seemed to have grown even taller than when I first met him. Also, it looks like he may have had eye surgery as well and is looking as fit as Thorsten. Berry, let me know if Neils has added height in the last few years. I told someone he must still be growing and they said he was too old to be still getting taller.
Thanks,
JoeyA

What do you mean with Niels being taller? Niels did not grow the last years in height. People don't normally grow in there late 20...
And Niels did do nothing with his eye's, they are still a bit off and he still were glasses now and then. His stroke is still over his good eye avoiding his "bad" one.

I think you had a beer or two to much last time you saw him:D

BTW Niels is a true champion winning this tournament against all the big names. He was very happy that he won and they way he won it. Hard working pool with lots of safety battles!

And now that he won it he has to give me more weight ;)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
berry said:
What do you mean with Niels being taller? Niels did not grow the last years in height. People don't normally grow in there late 20...
And Niels did do nothing with his eye's, they are still a bit off and he still were glasses now and then. His stroke is still over his good eye avoiding his "bad" one.

I think you had a beer or two to much last time you saw him:D

BTW Niels is a true champion winning this tournament against all the big names. He was very happy that he won and they way he won it. Hard working pool with lots of safety battles!

And now that he won it he has to give me more weight ;)

I'm guilty of some minor alcohol abuse. I did toss back a few beers with the LIGHT OF THE DCC and a few other wannabees. But I could swear that Niels grew some since the last time he was in New Orleans. Maybe I am just respecting him more. :D

I couldn't tell if he still had a bad eye or not but it could have been the beer. I can't imagine what he would be like with two good eyes. :)

Niels is most deserving of his win.

I would like to see him gambling more in the future.

Warm Regards,

JoeyA

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels has got a way of not using his "bad" eye. He just strokes underneath the good one.. Little compensating the angles but with practice you can finetune it all the way. And since Niels is a practice monster there is no problemo!

As for the gambling, well lets say Europe has not realy a gambling thing when it comes to pool. If Niels plays a match for a 100$ in the Netherlands then it is much. I played him many times and lately he played me 10-6 1pocket race to two for 25$. This way he had a good practice and I learned a lot for some school money.
Niels has been on the road in the USA when he was starting to get better and better and I think he played for almost half a year troughout the states (in two seperate occasions). Now with the busy pool calender he mostly stay with the tournaments. But if you see him next time play him for 100$ 9-ball race to 6 with the 6,7 and 8.

JoeyA

Silver Member
berry said:
Niels has got a way of not using his "bad" eye. He just strokes underneath the good one.. Little compensating the angles but with practice you can finetune it all the way. And since Niels is a practice monster there is no problemo!

As for the gambling, well lets say Europe has not realy a gambling thing when it comes to pool. If Niels plays a match for a 100$ in the Netherlands then it is much. I played him many times and lately he played me 10-6 1pocket race to two for 25$. This way he had a good practice and I learned a lot for some school money.
Niels has been on the road in the USA when he was starting to get better and better and I think he played for almost half a year troughout the states (in two seperate occasions). Now with the busy pool calender he mostly stay with the tournaments. But if you see him next time play him for 100$ 9-ball race to 6 with the 6,7 and 8.

Niels will have to do a little better than that. Niels "plays like a machine".
But maybe if you come to the U.S. we could play a little one-hole for school money. You might be a little better at the game but I will have to try you some even-up. Good posts Berry!

How many hours, realistically- does Niels practice per week?
Thanks,
JoeyA

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Niels will have to do a little better than that. Niels "plays like a machine".
But maybe if you come to the U.S. we could play a little one-hole for school money. You might be a little better at the game but I will have to try you some even-up. Good posts Berry!

How many hours, realistically- does Niels practice per week?
Thanks,
JoeyA

That is differend according his busy schedule. He was home yesterday and shoot some balls today and left in the evening for a tournament in Norway.
But lets say he has 2 weeks to practice then he would shoot around 4 to 5 hours a day next to the gym / swimming. During a practice session he shoots with great concentration. This are mostly excersises, break training and some games in the end. But to give you an example he can put a lay out back from weeks ago on a kick he missed in a match and shoot this shot until he got it right. Seen him shoot the mighty X for hours and hours, fo home eat and watch some tapes and first thing in the morning again mighty X for hours.
Good thing is he is still learning every day, week, month and he will get better and better.

Sorry for my english as this is not my native language!

T

Timberly

Scottster said:
OMFG>>> ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???? SIGNAL Dropped right b-4 the kick on the 2 ARRGH!!!!!
I had a primo seat in the TV arena. A friend of mine was in the bar and I was sending them score updates via text msg. When the score was tied at 5, they told me that people were watching it in the bar. Naturally, I headed for the bar... I thought I could beat the crowd and enjoy a few beers earlier than planned. :rolleyes:

LOL the big question 10 yrs from now in the pool world will be "Where were you during the hill hill match between Neils & Luat at the '07 DCC?". :p

JoeyA

Silver Member
berry said:
That is differend according his busy schedule. He was home yesterday and shoot some balls today and left in the evening for a tournament in Norway.
But lets say he has 2 weeks to practice then he would shoot around 4 to 5 hours a day next to the gym / swimming. During a practice session he shoots with great concentration. This are mostly excersises, break training and some games in the end. But to give you an example he can put a lay out back from weeks ago on a kick he missed in a match and shoot this shot until he got it right. Seen him shoot the mighty X for hours and hours, fo home eat and watch some tapes and first thing in the morning again mighty X for hours.
Good thing is he is still learning every day, week, month and he will get better and better.

Sorry for my english as this is not my native language!

Your English is just fine, Berry. I envy you and the rest of the world being able to speak our language. Thanks for the insight to Niels training habits.
JoeyA

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Timberly said:
I had a primo seat in the TV arena. A friend of mine was in the bar and I was sending them score updates via text msg. When the score was tied at 5, they told me that people were watching it in the bar. Naturally, I headed for the bar... I thought I could beat the crowd and enjoy a few beers earlier than planned. :rolleyes:

LOL the big question 10 yrs from now in the pool world will be "Where were you during the hill hill match between Neils & Luat at the '07 DCC?". :p

LMAO! That is hilarious Timberly.

My answer will be in my living room hitting the damn refresh button on the computer over and over and cussing so loud my neighbors thought I was practicing for the WWE on Broadway!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donovan said:
LMAO! That is hilarious Timberly.

My answer will be in my living room hitting the damn refresh button on the computer over and over and cussing so loud my neighbors thought I was practicing for the WWE on Broadway!

My answer will be in my living room hitting the damn refresh button on the computer over and over hoping BCN comes back up so Donovan can post the final updates and cussing so loud my neighbors thought I was practicing for the WWE on Broadway! :D