9-Ball

Davey

Registered
When I watch the pros on tv break a 9-ball rack, they break a few inches from the long rail by the second diamond with draw. I was wondering where they hit the 1 that makes the cue go directly to the side of where the 1 should be and they make they 1 go in the side or the corner? Any help for me?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Davey,
Go to the columns section and read my article entitled "Breaking to Win". There is a diagram and instructions on how to properly execute this break shot. Good luck.

TomBrooklyn

Registered
Davey said:
Any help for me?
I would like to see you make the subject more descriptive and specific. "9-Ball" is a very big topic that could cover almost anything.

Then someone like me who is not interested or have anything to contribute to what the thread turns out to be about at that time, will be more likely to be able to determine that from the subject and not have to spend time opening the thread to find that out.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Break shot disgram

This is a better view of the diagram.

Attachments

• breaking_to_win_diagram.jpg
    breaking_to_win_diagram.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 325

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: Re: 9-Ball

TomBrooklyn said:
I would like to see you make the subject more descriptive and specific. "9-Ball" is a very big topic that could cover almost anything.

Then someone like me who is not interested or have anything to contribute to what the thread turns out to be about at that time, will be more likely to be able to determine that from the subject and not have to spend time opening the thread to find that out.

Or someone like me who is just beginning to play 9 ball occasionally recreationally but would be interested in hearing about breaking in 9 ball.

Hi Tom.

Laura