9-layout on JAWS vs the Ghost, SLUGGED MYSELF!!!

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
This one is nothing earth shattering, just a layout I saw last night after a lazy rack.

I like recording these once in a while, they give us something other than politics to talk about on a POOL FORUM:grinning-moose:.

The 6 & 7 went on the snap, but the rest just dribbled down towards the rail. :banghead:I was about to concede the rack to the ghost when, as I walked down table to re-rack, I saw some lanes and thought, WTF, let's try it.

CueTable Help



Other than the tight quarters, and my whining about the layout, the main problem was that the 5 didn't have a pocket.

So this was my solution, and obviously, I caught a break here with the tight window on the 2, the 8 not tying up again and everything from there was just like a tight little 1P out, with mostly soft stop shots or rolling the ball, pocket speed.

CueTable Help

 
Stroking the 1 in "pure" into that skinny side was more than I like to start with.

I had lucky shape and a fair angle on the 2, if I just not over -hit it.

The 3 was really the only long tough shot of the rack. If I just let the ball stop, and rooooooooooll the 3 in, I should have an angle on the 4 that won't leave me hooked or "under" the five, leading me towards a thin "inside out" on the 8.

Mostly it was just patience and checking the subtleties of the angles, and working with what I had.

CueTable Help




CueTable Help



I am one of those who prefers to head into the rail after contact instead of "in space" so I plugged the 4 in with a shape more speed and draw so I wasn't going to end up straight, or rolling into the 9 on the 5. I would HATE to be "tree topped" over the 9 and jar it at the end of this run.

This table is "broken in" 860 w/ 4.25" pockets, and is demanding respect. :bow-down: They re-covered these just before the recent Mezz tour stops, and they went from new, slidy and inviting, for 4.25" :rolleyes: to bobble and chortle at you if you don't "PURE" balls in the back of the poscket, in about 2 weeks! :thud:
 
Last edited:
Just to finish up now that the hard work has been done.

CueTable Help



I gotta admit, I was pretty stoked, and my heart was pounding shooting the 4 to the 5. :rolleyes: I had the real potential to over-amp and screw up a neat little out.
 
Nice out! It shows why one should never give up. The way I see it, you had two options. The one you took, and shooting the one in the corner with finesse draw. Drawing into the 9, moving it nearer the rail. You then have an easy two, and after that you have the 3-9 combo.

It takes a finesse draw to accomplish, but on the diagram looks very doable.

True...reminds me very much of many 8 ball racks I've ran on bar boxes....you get those close quarter clusters and small openings, little bump and move some furniture a bit. GREAT RUN OUT:thumbup:

By the way I just Finally downloaded the shockwave to use the wei table...nice that the first diagram I see was this one...well executed defeat of the GHOST, no pun intended lol!!!!

Grey Ghost
 
Back
Top