9 OR 10 FT SNOOKER TABLE

I HAVE LOOKING TO BUY A 9 OR 10 FT SNOOKER TABLE USED IF POSSIBLE. ANYONE KNOW OF A RETAILER IN THE USA ?? A NICE USED ONE WOULD BE FINE WITH ME , CASH IN HAND THANKS

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 10' gold crown for sale in the FS section. It was completely rebuilt, and sitting in Boise, ID
I was in Boise about 25 years ago and played in a ring game at some room that had a bunch of 10’ tables. Set my high snooker run of 92. My 12’ high is only 32. I’ve probably only played it a dozen times times in my life.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 10' gold crown for sale in the FS section. It was completely rebuilt, and sitting in Boise, ID
Could you please tell me, for what size balls are these tables set up? I understand that English snooker standardizes on 2 1/16" on 12' tables, and that American snooker is 2 1/8". I'd be interested in knowing what size the 10' Gold Crown snooker tables use.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
My 10' GC snooker is set up for 2-1/8

It is in flawless condition with new condition Strachan cloth, $1999

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 10' GC snooker is set up for 2-1/8

It is in flawless condition with new condition Strachan cloth, $1999
I'm jealous. Why are you selling?

I could fit a 10' snooker table where my 9' Gold Crown currently sits, but it would further reduce the utility of the balance of the room at the open end; and, frankly, I don't think my wife would go for it, not that she doesn't like snooker, but that we have a table already.

Plus, I take it yours is on the West Coast?

jv

p.s. I wonder if the difference from 2 /14" (the snooker balls I have) to 2 1/8", to 2 1/6" to 2" makes that much of a difference? I think I'd prefer the smaller balls, 2", on a 10' table, with the pockets appropriately scaled down to match the ratio of ball to pocket on a full-sized English table, i.e., 12' table with 2 1/16" balls. But, just fantasizing here.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm jealous. Why are you selling?

I could fit a 10' snooker table where my 9' Gold Crown currently sits, but it would further reduce the utility of the balance of the room at the open end; and, frankly, I don't think my wife would go for it, not that she doesn't like snooker, but that we have a table already.

Plus, I take it yours is on the West Coast?

jv

The table is in Columbus Ohio, and I have a Centennial snooker finishing up so I could part with the GC

Attachments

• 20210111_131424.jpg
    20210111_131424.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 129

Geosnookery

I’ve played Snooker for 5 decades. I have a 12’ table. I’ve also played Chinese 8 ball on Joy and Star tables. These are 9’. I personally can’t tell any significant playing difference between a Snooker and Chinese 8 ball table...or, at least,any more than between two makes of American Pool tables. Cushion heights are a fraction different but not that it matters on my tables...I’ve never noticed.

Anyways, go with a snooker table but keep a Chinese 8 ball table in mind if you don't find one in your area. Snooker tables p,plus shipping are about $2500 from China...Chinese 8 ball tables about $2000. Here in Canada tables also available in cities with Chinese communities.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is in Columbus Ohio, and I have a Centennial snooker finishing up so I could part with the GC
That looks beautiful so far! Any more pics?

p.s. do all four corners have the ashtrays, and do you have all four inserts?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That looks beautiful so far! Any more pics?

p.s. do all four corners have the ashtrays, and do you have all four inserts?
I can take more photos, but it is in excellent condition. Yes and yes about the castings