-+-+-+-+___LOOKING TO BUY___ **Extra SHAFT**

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As the title says, I am in the market to buy an extra shaft.
It will be an "extra" shaft that I don't "really" need... SO... I'm not looking to spend a whole lot on it.

I have a Bebot Bautista Plain Jane on order but until it makes its way here to me in the U.S.
... the only player I have in my case is a Sneakiest Pete.

The Sneakiest is a great cue, but the shaft doesn't hit as firm or as stiff as I'd like.
So I'm hoping to find a low-priced, but decent quality shaft that has a stiff hit.

These are the specs I'm looking for:
  • thread size: 3/8x10, Flat-faced Pin type, Minor diameter = 0.308"
  • joint diameter: 0.86" or 21.80mm (slightly larger diameter might be okay)
  • length: 29" (longer is okay)
  • weight: between 3.8 - 4.2 oz.
  • condition: shaft can be "used", but must be straight

I spent most, if not "all" of my pool cue budget on my Bebot PJ... So I don't have much to spend on this "extra" shaft.
It may be a tough search but can't go over $50 shipped to Calif.

But, IF you have an extra shaft with the specs listed above (or close to it) then show me what you got!

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
late night bump

Ebay is your best bet, dude.

Good luck with the search.

Thanks. I'll give eBay a look, but hard to find shafts for 3/8x10 with .308 minor diameter.

Have you tried a harder tip?

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have tried two different hard tips (Kamui II Hard and a White Diamond)

However, I am looking for a "stiffer" shaft that I can put a Med/Soft tip on.
One of the places I practice at has a 9 ft Brunswick GC with VERY worn felt.
And I feel that a stiff shaft combined with a medium to soft tip would give the cue ball more action with less effort in order to counteract the slow table speed.

With my limited budget I realize that I may be better of searching on eBay,
but most 3/8x10 shafts listed on there are the standard McDermott type threads and would need to be tapped by a cuemaker.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
88   1   0
As the title says, I am in the market to buy an extra shaft.
It will be an "extra" shaft that I don't "really" need... SO... I'm not looking to spend a whole lot on it.

I have a Bebot Bautista Plain Jane on order but until it makes its way here to me in the U.S.
... the only player I have in my case is a Sneakiest Pete.

The Sneakiest is a great cue, but the shaft doesn't hit as firm or as stiff as I'd like.
So I'm hoping to find a low-priced, but decent quality shaft that has a stiff hit.

These are the specs I'm looking for:
  • thread size: 3/8x10, Flat-faced Pin type, Minor diameter = 0.308"
  • joint diameter: 0.86" or 21.80mm (slightly larger diameter might be okay)
  • length: 29" (longer is okay)
  • weight: between 3.8 - 4.2 oz.
  • condition: shaft can be "used", but must be straight

I spent most, if not "all" of my pool cue budget on my Bebot PJ... So I don't have much to spend on this "extra" shaft.
It may be a tough search but can't go over $50 shipped to Calif.

But, IF you have an extra shaft with the specs listed above (or close to it) then show me what you got!

I have 3 flat face 3x8/10 shafts pm for pics and price.. all the shafts are custom from Mike G.