A happy table installer experience...

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I finally scored a table, found locally on Craigslist. 9' Diamond Pro, red oak, drop pockets. It came with a nice newer set of Aramith super pro's, four Dufferins, and a heavy duty cover.

I called Jeremy Chambers, everyone in my area swears by him. Jeremy and his helper disassembled the table, and brought it over. Efficiency is an understatement when watching Jeremy work, no wasted energy...he could probably be on that new tv show with the arm wrestlers. He and his partner moving the slates up the stairs when they picked it up, Jeremy was one-handing it, up the stairs, holding it by the pocket half round, off to his side. Crazy...

As he was assembling it at my house, I had concern about the pocket size, they seemed to be buckets, in my opinion. Jeremy suggested instead of shimming them to my liking, to replace the facing with a single piece. He explained the benefits, and I agreed. I've waited too long to finally get a table to settle on iffy pockets. So the assembly ceased, and off my rails went to his shop. Here's where all the trouble started...

Just kidding :p

About a week later, Jeremy arrived with the newly covered rails, one piece facings. He did the slate, covered it with Simonis Tourney blue 860HR, and the rest is history.

What a great guy Jeremy is. This was my first experience with a table builder as I've never really had the room for one until now. We had a bunch of laughs, listened to some good jazz as he put it all together, and I could not be happier with the results. His prices are very reasonable and his work is exceptional. "Guaranteed for life" btw.

With all the negative going around lately regarding table builders, I thought I'd share my positive experience. Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 777
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 771
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 766
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 769
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 767

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
And the finished product...

Thanks guys, happy shooting!

Kevin

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 759
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 758
  • pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 758

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is by far one of the best in the business and probably the nicest guy I know. Table looks great!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Congrats on your new table :thumbup:
Looks like Jeremy did a fine install. The only problem you will have now is making enough time to play on it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A Diamond on Craig's list?
That's like winning a lottery.

Is the cloth Electric Blue Granito Basalt?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've had excellent experience with Jerimy too, but I thought it was against AZB policy to say anything good about a table mechanic. :p

Or is that only when they talk about each other?

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Thanks guys,

back story, when I realized I had landed the table, I had a week to have Jeremy pick it up. I then went into panic mode because I had wanted to move a non load bearing wall that housed some of our utilities to give myself some extra space.

I'm not a taper or a mudder but got a crash course from a buddy:

A lot of work for an extra 16" :smile:

Attachments

• pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 721
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 710
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 715

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
A Diamond on Craig's list?
That's like winning a lottery.

Is the cloth Electric Blue Granito Basalt?

I thought the same thing, I got lucky, he listed it and I was first to respond with the cash, and he was only 10 mins from my house.

The Granito banner I snagged from a 3 cushion tournament at Chris's probably 20+ years ago. Chris gave it to me. That was back in the Sang Lee and Sonny era, I think Sangimon was there too.

Kevin

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Not a Pro-Am but it will have to do. :D
Just kidding. Congrats.

Diamond pool table laws dictate that you have to beat the 9ball ghost, at the least, in a race to 7 within 90 days of ownership or you forfeit the table. :thumbup:

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Not a Pro-Am but it will have to do. :D
Just kidding. Congrats.

Diamond pool table laws dictate that you have to beat the 9ball ghost, at the least, in a race to 7 within 90 days of ownership or you forfeit the table. :thumbup:

HA! thanks John,

I'd better get on that challenge while the cloth is still slippin and slidin everything in :thumbup: (not really but there's some rail shots that I know got no bizness fallin)

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys,

back story, when I realized I had landed the table, I had a week to have Jeremy pick it up. I then went into panic mode because I had wanted to move a non load bearing wall that housed some of our utilities to give myself some extra space.

I'm not a taper or a mudder but got a crash course from a buddy:

A lot of work for an extra 16" :smile:

Well worth the effort.
I just took down a good portion, about 20-30 cinderblocks to gain 1.5 inches.
enjoy your new table, looks real nice.
steven

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
HA! thanks John,

I'd better get on that challenge while the cloth is still slippin and slidin everything in :thumbup: (not really but there's some rail shots that I know got no bizness fallin)

yep, looks great !! And yeah, you're welcome that I twisted your arm go with brand new tourney blue cloth :)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table. Nice to hear the installer is a quality person. They are hard to come by.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I honestly prefer the professionals over the Pro-Am. Am I the opposite of the majority?

Maybe.

Pro-Am: ball return, pro-cut pockets, one-piece slate, Diamondwood rails. What's not to like!

That said, they are both good tables.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats, that's awesome. I wish Jeremy lived closer to Tennessee, he could recover mine.
You can't just let anyone recover your table. I've heard of and seen a lot of shoddy work. Looks
like he did a fantastic job on yours and you'll be set for several years to come. Rick Bean
did my table, so maybe I need to try and contact him. He did an outstanding job, but it's been
years and I don't know his contact info or if he's still in the business.

Nice pick up on Craigslist by the way. For what it's worth, I have a 2000 model oak Diamond
Professional that still plays great, is level, rails are still perfect, and it's tighter than Dick's
hatband. I love it more today than I did 14 years ago. I hope you enjoy yours as much as
I enjoy mine. Happy shooting.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I can live with the drop pockets, no big deal, especially
for what I paid. And the one piece slate w the pro am I
don't believe would've fit through the basement door. I'm
more than happy with it and, more importantly, the wife
has agreed this won't be used as an overflow dining table
on thanksgiving. :p