A little tease...my MVP Monster Widow. Coming soon!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrap less cues are the in so that you get more real estate for the wood itself. Doesn’t make it a player and you will be wiping it down for the ages.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super nice cue. Look forward to additional pics. The Burl is sort of amaze-balls.

I was afraid that a lot of the figure in the burl would be obscured after the finish was applied without using good light to see it. It turned out not to be the case as it shows very well. When I core woods, I create pressure as the dowel goes in to see how many beads of epoxy sweat out from different areas of the wood. Not a single speck of epoxy oozed out anywhere with this burl. That piece of burl is solid. I consider it 2nd to only the very highest grade Amboyna I have. Unfortunately, it was my only one and I lucked into that one.

The curly hard maple was super stable and cut cleanly. With the forearm being cored with nicely toned Pernambuco, in terms of overall quality of the woods, I have not built a finer cue.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Super nice cue. Look forward to additional pics. The Burl is sort of amaze-balls.

Here you go Johnny. More on the way. :cool:

20181120_100750.jpg

20181120_100756.jpg

20181120_100839.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was afraid that a lot of the figure in the burl would be obscured after the finish was applied without using good light to see it. It turned out not to be the case as it shows very well. When I core woods, I create pressure as the dowel goes in to see how many beads of epoxy sweat out from different areas of the wood. Not a single speck of epoxy oozed out anywhere with this burl. That piece of burl is solid. I consider it 2nd to only the very highest grade Amboyna I have. Unfortunately, it was my only one and I lucked into that one.

The curly hard maple was super stable and cut cleanly. With the forearm being cored with nicely toned Pernambuco, in terms of overall quality of the woods, I have not built a finer cue.

Thank you KP. That testimonial coming from you means alot. It terms of fit and finish, I have not held its equal. As we discussed, one of my favorite things about this cue, besides the master grade woods used, is the dot work. The micro-dots are 14K gold...When you rotate the cue in your hands, one dot from every ring, "glints" at exactly the same point in the rotation. They all "light up" in a linear row, like fireflies, or animals eyes, in the night. That tells me something about the attention to detail given to this cue. It will be with me, and passed on to my oldest Son, when I can't play anywhere but heaven, or wherever I end up, anymore. :cool:

20181120_100912.jpg

20181120_100917.jpg

20181120_100928.jpg

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I almost forgot...

...This cue may literally hold a miniscule amount of KP's DNA. ;) One of those gold dots snagged his finger during the build. Ouch! :eek: My apologies for the lousy (cell phone) pics. They do not do justice to this cue. The burl/cue really has to be seen. It is a combination of molten rock, and lost souls!
My sincere thanks to all who chimed in. I wish you all a very HAPPY Thanksgiving. :)
Enjoy your loved ones.
Joe P

Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is lovely. Always wanted a cue with Permanbuco in it, never thought of using it for the core. Thats clever. I think a Permanbuco forearm and high grade Amboyna handle would be the bees news.

Awesome work on this cue. In addition to the spectacular woods, the workmanship looks top notch.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is lovely. Always wanted a cue with Permanbuco in it, never thought of using it for the core. Thats clever. I think a Permanbuco forearm and high grade Amboyna handle would be the bees news.

Awesome work on this cue. In addition to the spectacular woods, the workmanship looks top notch.

Thank you very much. :smile: