A new author on cueing instruction

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I kind of skimmed through it, but it looked like basic fundamental stuff, only with a German accent.
The part about the stance reminded me of a video made by another German instructor. I think JAM provided that one.
Anyway, thanks for the info. Basic fundamentals are the cornerstone to any endeavor, be it pool, competitive shooting, golf, or drinking beer with your friends where the relationship of elbow to face is all important. :)

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the German way of teaching and explaining things. Not just with pool. I expect some excellent material from this guy.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I like the German way of teaching and explaining things. Not just with pool. I expect some excellent material from this guy.

I sure like the way Ralph Eckert teaches. He's got an easy-going but self-assured way about him and he can swing a cue pretty good too.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member

I sure like the way Ralph Eckert teaches. He's got an easy-going but self-assured way about him and he can swing a cue pretty good too. Ralph kind of reminds me of Stan Shuffett. :)

JoeyA

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
On AZ Billiards main page, a new author, Patrick Baumann is writing articles for AZB. He is from Germany.

Check it out. This is the first week for "Playing Pool The Missing Chapter" and is about stroke and GASP, aiming....................

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/12195-playing-pool-the-missing-manual-chapter-one/

JoeyA
Hey Joey, thanks for sharing and to the others, thank you for discussing the article. I'm Patrick, the author of the book.

I'm really looking forward to discuss the stuff I write about. If you have questions about my articles, I'm always happy to answer.

By the way, the articles that will appear on AZ Billiards are the chapters of my book "Playing Pool - The Missing Manual", which is already published and available at Amazon. We're gonna publish one chapter a week. This way, you're gonna be able to read the whole book for free, and if you like it or don't want to wait, you can purchase it as a paperback or eBook.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hey Joey, thanks for sharing and to the others, thank you for discussing the article. I'm Patrick, the author of the book.

I'm really looking forward to discuss the stuff I write about. If you have questions about my articles, I'm always happy to answer.

By the way, the articles that will appear on AZ Billiards are the chapters of my book "Playing Pool - The Missing Manual", which is already published and available at Amazon. We're gonna publish one chapter a week. This way, you're gonna be able to read the whole book for free, and if you like it or don't want to wait, you can purchase it as a paperback or eBook.

Patrick,
That is simply FANTASTIC!

I look forward to reading your chapters.

For interested buyers, would you sign copies and ship direct to buyer?

Thanks for being a part of AZ Billiards.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member

I like the fact that you bring up the thoughts that might be going through a player's mind when getting up off the shot, in order to re-position themselves for a more perfect alignment.

In early years of playing, I was a bit self conscious about such things but as you discussed, this is what the professional players do. So, if it is good enough for the greats, then it should be good enough for me.

JoeyA

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
Hi Joey, glad that you like it! Of course I could ship signed copies, but shipping might be more expensive since I'm in Germany. Just send me a PM if you're interested, I'm happy to get a shipping quote.

Patrick

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
..ooouh, this closed bridge of yours is going to take some work.
Looking at the photo illustration even has pain to look at, the fingers
on the table look as if they are separated from your knuckles.
It is going to take some finger extending exercises to get this to work.
Other than this little bit of pain, I’m taking in all of your points with good results,
I like, thanks

Glad you finally posted the next chapter. #5

Chapter #11 is late, not a problem and, it's good for me - taking en little at a time. Just a friendly bump for the author to know that there is an interest in his work.

Last edited: