A new to me billiard game

Muddog

Registered
Hit the local hall for lunch today and after 8 & 9 ball, some bank the 8 and last pocket my buddy suggested we play “get back in the kitchen”

I had never heard of it but it was definitely challenging.

The rules fairly simple

Any ball any pocket don’t even have to call your shots

The hard part- in order to take follow up shot the cue ball must wind up back in the kitchen or you forfeit your turn

This lead to a lot of fun and a lot of cursing and really made you work on your draws and cue work

Drew a funny look from waitress first time she heard one of us yelling at cue ball to get back in the kitchen

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What game did you play using the “get back in the kitchen”?

8/9/10 ball?

I like it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I won’t play that game anymore....people kept asking me to make a sandwich..:angry:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit the local hall for lunch today and after 8 & 9 ball, some bank the 8 and last pocket my buddy suggested we play “get back in the kitchen”

The rules fairly simple

The hard part- in order to take follow up shot the cue ball must wind up back in the kitchen or you forfeit your turn

This lead to a lot of fun and a lot of cursing and really made you work on your draws and cue work

Drew a funny look from waitress first time she heard one of us yelling at cue ball to get back in the kitchen

Does it just have to get to the area but can come back out of it? Or do you have to shoot every shot from the break area? Seems interesting but too restrictive for a real game. What if you next shot is opposite side of the table?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Once whitey is back in the kitchen, can you shoot any of your group, wherever they lay?

Muddog

Registered
Does it just have to get to the area but can come back out of it? Or do you have to shoot every shot from the break area? Seems interesting but too restrictive for a real game. What if you next shot is opposite side of the table?

Cue has to come to rest there... if it didn’t then opponent gets to shoot
Meant some long shots long draws and lots of rails

The restriction is the whole point much like bank the eight or last pocket

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stretch the envelope

The rules fairly simple

I like it, stretch the envelope. That shot, conceived in your head, what a fantasy. No effin way, that would go.

Muddog

Registered
I like it, stretch the envelope. That shot, conceived in your head, what a fantasy. No effin way, that would go.

The hard parts learning how to repeat the miracle shot
Once upon a time trying to throw a game so I could hit the dance floor with my lady I called a 6 rail shot barely aimed and had my first barroom miracle shot took me almost 6 months to even land it 30% of the time on an empty table but made 2 and three rails much easier

Gotta push yourself