During a recent visit back "home" to Wisconsin I visited Evan at Schon Cues. I was just checking on a few things with my cues, wanted to see about making my break cue a little lighter, and wanted him to look at my normal playing cue, over the years it had gotten pretty banged up. Once before he told me not to refinish it when I asked about it, this time he said it might be time... So, I left it there to be worked on, he said the process would take 6 - 8 weeks, involved completely stripping it down to the wood, curing it, and building it back up. Price was $160, including new wrap, which was about what I remembered last time I was interested.
Well, right on the money I got a call at about the 7 week mark, literally the same day I was going to call to check on it myself. I paid for the cue, they shipped it down, 3 days later I had it. WOW!!! I've had nothing but Schon cues now for 15+ years, and have all the respect for both Bob and Evan and their staff, but I was very impressed. I guess the cue should look brand new after being refinished, and it does! Not a hint of a scratch, gouge, or dent - I know most if not all of those were in the clear coat, but still... I wish I would have had before pictures to share, it was pretty beat up. New wrap looks nicer than the old wrap color-wise, cue looks like the day I got it. And right on time, too, pretty impressive when I dropped the cue off with a piece of paper wrapped around the butt that said my name, phone number, and "LTD refinish".
Anyway, wanted to give them a "shout out" for a job expertly done! Here's a pic of the new cue - little fuzzy with the cell phone, sorry - before I bang it up again
Scott
Well, right on the money I got a call at about the 7 week mark, literally the same day I was going to call to check on it myself. I paid for the cue, they shipped it down, 3 days later I had it. WOW!!! I've had nothing but Schon cues now for 15+ years, and have all the respect for both Bob and Evan and their staff, but I was very impressed. I guess the cue should look brand new after being refinished, and it does! Not a hint of a scratch, gouge, or dent - I know most if not all of those were in the clear coat, but still... I wish I would have had before pictures to share, it was pretty beat up. New wrap looks nicer than the old wrap color-wise, cue looks like the day I got it. And right on time, too, pretty impressive when I dropped the cue off with a piece of paper wrapped around the butt that said my name, phone number, and "LTD refinish".
Anyway, wanted to give them a "shout out" for a job expertly done! Here's a pic of the new cue - little fuzzy with the cell phone, sorry - before I bang it up again
Scott