Accustats One-Pocket Tournament

DaddysVisa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just heard about the Accustats "Make it Happen" One-Pocket Invitational. I think it's a great idea and I am pretty pumped about it.

6-players have been invited (and have accepted) based on fan voting:

Frost
Van Boening
Daulton
Reyes
Pagulayan
Deuel

Round-robin format, races to 3, winner gets $1000 for each match won. Accustats has a neat way for the fans to help sponsor the event. They are asking for $300 for a bunch of merchandise with the proceeds going to the prizefund. Basically you get all 15-matches on DVD as well as free access the all 4 days of the livestream. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you're a one-pocket fan. I probably would have been buying the DVDs anyways.

I can't post a link to the accustats flyer (because I only have 4 posts), but you can check out the tourney details on the Accustats homepage.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds awesome, but what really ruins it for me is the darn 10-ft table. I haven't been on the forum much the past few months and I'm sure this has been debated to death, but I don't see the need going to a 10-ft table when you already have the best in the world participating.

Same goes for the previous 8-ball event. I didn't really pay too much attention to the results of that event considering the 10-ft table.

DaddysVisa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds awesome, but what really ruins it for me is the darn 10-ft table. I haven't been on the forum much the past few months and I'm sure this has been debated to death, but I don't see the need going to a 10-ft table when you already have the best in the world participating.

Same goes for the previous 8-ball event. I didn't really pay too much attention to the results of that event considering the 10-ft table.

I didn't know it was on a 10 ft table. I agree, I would prefer to see it played on 9-footers. As a younger player who is fairly new to the game, I have never even seen a 10-ft table.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know it was on a 10 ft table. I agree, I would prefer to see it played on 9-footers. As a younger player who is fairly new to the game, I have never even seen a 10-ft table.
The organizers of the event put up a poll a few months back to determine what 6 players would participate by popular vote. Was there a similar vote on the table size? If not, why not? I may be completely wrong, but if they put the table up for a vote I think the majority would much rather see this event on a regular 9-ft table.