Aciu collegiate tournament

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it is 3 weeks after collegiate event and no mention about Landon or Brianna winning the tournaments. Shame on AZ! https://www.acui.org/billiards/

Congratulations back to back champions Brianna and Landon!!! Wishing you both many more.

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
youtube.com/thebladesteviemoore
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this...you're right, should have been publicized more.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it is 3 weeks after collegiate event and no mention about Landon or Brianna winning the tournaments. Shame on AZ! https://www.acui.org/billiards/

Congratulations back to back champions Brianna and Landon!!! Wishing you both many more.

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

Hey Stevie,

Shame on AZ!? Shame on nobody!
I don't think you can necessarily blame this website and
the good people at AZBilliards for not posting this year's ACUI results (as of yet).

As with any event, the promoters and powers-that-be of the event
need to submit their results and goings-on or whatever information they deem important in order for
"AZ" to post it.

In light of that, and as history has shown, you probably won't see ACUI info for a bit longer.

It takes a lot of logistics to pull that national tourney off.
Once the tournament is over, there is still a lot of follow up administrative items to tend to.

The "win, place & show" (and the numerous alsorans) 'blurb(s)' are one of the last duties they worry about.

You'll see the info eventually, just be patient, sir.

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was there any money involved?

'nuf said.

From what I remember, 1st place men's and women's champions receive
a $1,000 (or so) scholarship to be used as they see fit (books anyone?).

Second, third, and even fourth receive scholarships, proportionately.
Of course, the above receive trophies and bragging rights as well.

There's no check given directly to the player/student.
He or she picks up his/her check at the campus disbursing office (as with all other financial assistance).

But, make no mistake. The winners definitely receive money.
It's just in the form of and called a "scholarship."

Any other questions?

Last edited:

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been zero coverage of the event. Not before during or after.

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand your frustration, Stevie, but as a volunteer for the Association for this program, I can tell you there are about 3-5 people who work very hard to make this happen along with the host venue.

There will be articles and posts coming out about this in major billiard magazines.

If you would like to see things happen quicker I suggest you offer your services as a volunteer. All of these volunteers have full time jobs and the Association has more than just this priority.

I understand you are close to the Shuffett's and are excited for Landon's win, which I am too, but when working with a mostly volunteer based organization who has more than just this responsibility, somethings do take time.

Please be patient. There will be information out there.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I am excited for Landon and his accomplishments. 5 junior nationals and 2 collegiate titles. I'ld say he is USA's rising star. But how much coverage has this gotten him. Little to none on this website. Not saying any of that is your responsibility but if this is billiards news leader as they claim I would think they would like to make a big deal about that. Just my thoughts.

Thank you and your team for all of your work in progressing our sport on this level.

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I am excited for Landon and his accomplishments. 5 junior nationals and 2 collegiate titles. I'ld say he is USA's rising star. But how much coverage has this gotten him. Little to none on this website. Not saying any of that is your responsibility but if this is billiards news leader as they claim I would think they would like to make a big deal about that. Just my thoughts.

Thank you and your team for all of your work in progressing our sport on this level.

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

How old is he ?
Thanks,

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How old is he ?
Thanks,

He's probably 20 or 21, I know when my son played in his 1st Jr Nationals 3 years years ago at Wisconsin Landon played there, have not seen him since, so I'd guess he was 17 or 18 3 years ago and could not longer play in the juniors after that year.

This is the 4th one my son is playing in in a few weeks, so I guess it was 4 years go, maybe Landon is 22 then?

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kindest Regards,

Stevie "The Blade" Moore

steviemoore.com
stevietheblade@gmail.com
Justcueit.com
youtube.com/stanshuffett

After reading your post and the replies so far I'll say I totally agree with you but now understand that someone needs to notify the az crew and provide them some info before they can publicize it. I think azbilliards would love to help get the word out on this but they need someone involved with the events to help them out.

It was nice to get a response here from someone involved with the events and this thread may be just what was needed to get that moving, with a little help from someone who knows what's happening with these.