So far the bulk of the action is me drinking a lot of beers. Drat. I was going to quit this week There’s a an obvious lack of action early on, but things did pick up a bit later. What has become a yearly tradition of “lets see who Efren can make look like a beginner in 1-hole” happened last night/this morning. And I was too dumb and lazy to bring my video camera over. Sorry guys/gals. I’ll have to just describe it.
Efren was giving Scott Frost 10-7 & 9-7 !!!! For small stuff per game. And as usual, he had Scott and the audience talking to themselves. The guy is a genius, plain and simple. And this time as I was watching him, I started to see a couple patterns he was using over and over. The brutality is that he could execute them over and over. Thinking several shots ahead, he would be walking to the table while Scott’s cueball was still moving and just getting down and shooting the moment the ball stopped moving. And we’re not talking about bunting. I’m talking every shot belong in Shots, Moves, Strategies. Many of you have watched Scott Frost play one-pocket. There seemed to be nothing he could do that would make Efren even think for more than a second. And it really looked like Efren was just toying with him, sometimes shooting what many would consider wild sellout shots. And of course, he’d luck out a safe, or worse he’d luck a ball into his hole and run out. At least, that’s what anyone would think. Every wild shot was a “best chance of luck.” Scott would bemoan the fact that Efren lucked in a ball, but it's not like the 10-and-out runs were hangers! Some if not all of those outs were simple spectacular exhibitions of perfect position and pattern runouts.
Out of the dozen shots that looked like a wild one, I think Reyes sold out twice. And Scott was so frazzled, he didn’t get out. I think while we (I and the beautiful Tims) sat there, Scott won two and Efren had won eight or ten. At 10-7, 9-7 for crying out loud. One of the wins for Scott was when Efren inexplicably scratched off the corner ball on the break. His other breaks, the corner ball barely moved. Almost like Efren scratched that one time on purpose to keep Scott smiling.
If Effie gets in action again, I promise to take a video.
Fred
Efren was giving Scott Frost 10-7 & 9-7 !!!! For small stuff per game. And as usual, he had Scott and the audience talking to themselves. The guy is a genius, plain and simple. And this time as I was watching him, I started to see a couple patterns he was using over and over. The brutality is that he could execute them over and over. Thinking several shots ahead, he would be walking to the table while Scott’s cueball was still moving and just getting down and shooting the moment the ball stopped moving. And we’re not talking about bunting. I’m talking every shot belong in Shots, Moves, Strategies. Many of you have watched Scott Frost play one-pocket. There seemed to be nothing he could do that would make Efren even think for more than a second. And it really looked like Efren was just toying with him, sometimes shooting what many would consider wild sellout shots. And of course, he’d luck out a safe, or worse he’d luck a ball into his hole and run out. At least, that’s what anyone would think. Every wild shot was a “best chance of luck.” Scott would bemoan the fact that Efren lucked in a ball, but it's not like the 10-and-out runs were hangers! Some if not all of those outs were simple spectacular exhibitions of perfect position and pattern runouts.
Out of the dozen shots that looked like a wild one, I think Reyes sold out twice. And Scott was so frazzled, he didn’t get out. I think while we (I and the beautiful Tims) sat there, Scott won two and Efren had won eight or ten. At 10-7, 9-7 for crying out loud. One of the wins for Scott was when Efren inexplicably scratched off the corner ball on the break. His other breaks, the corner ball barely moved. Almost like Efren scratched that one time on purpose to keep Scott smiling.
If Effie gets in action again, I promise to take a video.
Fred