Adam/ Balabushka GB-4 - Made in Japan , Does anyone have any info in this Cue

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I know another cue thread lol , But I was offered this Cue but I do not know much about it. I have spoken to the guy who had this made at Competition Sports and he told me that these were made in the Adam Japan Factory. I among others like these because they do not have that cheap looking George Balabushka sig on the forearm as George never signed his cues. What I was wondering about was the at the joint , All the cues from the Adam Japan Factory the joint pin was more hollow and the shaft sit down in when put together. This one seems to not so much. Maybe they used those joints for this line I like the look of it and was offered cheaply enough for sale. This cue also has the thick nickel rings , But China has been known to copy about anything. Do you think this is a AdamJapan Cue , and what is it worth. Competition Sports has it in their 2007 Catalog as a Pro Series cp-11 custom and that is a true spliced 4 prong cue , They list it for $160 back then . Here is a link to the catalog and it is on the 2nd or 3rd page - 2007catalog.pdf (competitionsports.com) . This is supposed to be a copy of a Actual Balabushka George built , It is a nice looking Cue. Thanks for the help. I do like the Adam Japan built cues they play really nice.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 165
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 186
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 163
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 191

middleofnowhere

Registered
I have to be honest that cue doesn't look like a copy of a Balabushka. It even has a flat faced joint And looks like an 18 screw. The butt cap does not look Balabushka either.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Cheap cue, nothing looks right, even from a Chinese maker. Bad bumper, bad shaft. Flat faced shaft that was supposed to look like a Bushka. I hope you buy this POS, Justin. And I hope you spend a lot of money on it.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this from ebay?
There is a couple like it for sale on ebay. I Spoke with Don , The Guy wiho ran Competition Sports and he told me that those cues was made at Adam Japan Factory for them . He said these cues were made for them to sell. I agree that the joint is what threw me as it does not look like any of the Adam cues I have seen. I have 1 of the HOF cues and a Palmer PB-7 that was made at the Adam Japan Factory in the late 70's early 80's and the Joint is the same in all of them. Not like this cue pictured.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap cue, nothing looks right, even from a Chinese maker. Bad bumper, bad shaft. Flat faced shaft that was supposed to look like a Bushka. I hope you buy this POS, Justin. And I hope you spend a lot of money on it.
Ok Wild one I am not Justin , People on the forum know me can vouch. I just enjoy collecting and talking cues. It is a hobby for me. I really like the Adam Japan cues , They Play as good as any Cue I have played with and I have played with $ 1000 plus cues that played no better and than the adam cues. I could buy this one but the Joint and the shaft did not look right to me. I just wanted some info as there is some knowledge on here on cues.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I know another cue thread lol , But I was offered this Cue but I do not know much about it. I have spoken to the guy who had this made at Competition Sports and he told me that these were made in the Adam Japan Factory. I among others like these because they do not have that cheap looking George Balabushka sig on the forearm as George never signed his cues. What I was wondering about was the at the joint , All the cues from the Adam Japan Factory the joint pin was more hollow and the shaft sit down in when put together. This one seems to not so much. Maybe they used those joints for this line I like the look of it and was offered cheaply enough for sale. This cue also has the thick nickel rings , But China has been known to copy about anything. Do you think this is a AdamJapan Cue , and what is it worth. Competition Sports has it in their 2007 Catalog as a Pro Series cp-11 custom and that is a true spliced 4 prong cue , They list it for $160 back then . Here is a link to the catalog and it is on the 2nd or 3rd page - 2007catalog.pdf (competitionsports.com) . This is supposed to be a copy of a Actual Balabushka George built , It is a nice looking Cue. Thanks for the help. I do like the Adam Japan built cues they play really nice.
Joint looks all wrong. The pilot and the space for it in the collar look phony as hell. A tip: instead of losing sleep over these cues why not just get a good US made cue with a steel-joint? The ADAM cues are nice but they are worth nothing close to the prices i see on-line. When/if you ever buy one you'll always be thinking, "Did i get fk'd on this deal?". Not worth it.

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Joint looks all wrong. The pilot and the space for it in the collar look phony as hell. A tip: instead of losing sleep over these cues why not just get a good US made cue with a steel-joint? The ADAM cues are nice but they are worth nothing close to the prices i see on-line. When/if you ever buy one you'll always be thinking, "Did i get fk'd on this deal?". Not worth it.
Hard to see the allure of being a collector of cheap cues. I get budgets but...why collect inexpensive "replica's" if that's an issue.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to see the allure of being a collector of cheap cues. I get budgets but...why collect inexpensive "replica's" if that's an issue.
The original ADAM-built cues were well-made good playing cues. The problem now is all the fakers trying to rob people. Why mess with them? Even if it is a true ADAM cue they are NOT worth anything close to some of the prices you see.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked at Ebay ad for this cue. There's one at $229 and one at $500. Really?? The cheaper one has that phony joint. The $500 one looks just like it but there are no pics of the joint. I'd avoid this shit like i'd avoid a land-mine. Buy a Schon, Jackson, Allen Green or any other number of good US built steel-joint cues and leave these sketchy ADAM/not-ADAM cues alone. BTW, i have a really nice Schon SP for sale in the sale section.;)

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not one of the Balabushka cues they made at all. You can tell how bad this one is from the mis-aligned rings, cheap looking wood and the finish gloss which is poor and not very smooth or polished. Even at like $50 I would buy something like used Action/Star/Lucky/PureX cue.

And yes the posts are getting to be very JustinB like LOL

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

Maybe I can’t decipher your post, but the Balabushka cues built by Adam Japan all had the signature on the forearm. The HoF series don’t have the signature.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Maybe I can’t decipher your post, but the Balabushka cues built by Adam Japan all had the signature on the forearm. The HoF series don’t have the signature.
That is good information, hopefully buyer of Faux Cue got refund, not run around.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I just looked at Ebay ad for this cue. There's one at $229 and one at $500. Really?? The cheaper one has that phony joint. The $500 one looks just like it but there are no pics of the joint. I'd avoid this shit like i'd avoid a land-mine. Buy a Schon, Jackson, Allen Green or any other number of good US built steel-joint cues and leave these sketchy ADAM/not-ADAM cues alone. BTW, i have a really nice Schon SP for sale in the sale section.;)
I will entertain 4 digit offers for my Adam/Weir cue. Serious buyers only. :giggle:
Weir.JPG

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Looks like a Wonder Woman logo.
I thought that looked familiar!! 🤨 😆 Maybe Weir had a crush or was just a lazy-ass. You'd think pretending you're a Texas cue builder while having your product made in Japan would mean a bit more imagination than that.

Attachments

• WW.JPG
    WW.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 65