Adam vs Helmstetter vs Musashi cues

I have a friend who is a Helmstetter collector. He's let me shoot with a few of his cues. I played a match with one of his older ones. It was nice and shot well. I noticed it was the same joint configuration as his newer Adams cue. I shot a few games with him with the Adams and if all boils down to personal preference. To me they hit similar but not the same. They were weighted the same and both had the same tip and the shaft diameter was a fraction of a mm difference. But both hit different. At the time my main cue was a Joss N7 (Color of Money cue). My weight was about the same and the shaft was a little thinner (12.5mm). And my Joss hit a world of difference than the other two.

I prefer a non steel to steel joint now. The steel and brass joints seem to offer less feed back to me. I have a few cues with different configurations of joints and find I use the steel joints to break with and the radial, 3/8x10 joint to play with.

Try them out and see whats better for you.

I'd say the production quality was slightly less in the Adams than the Helmstetter.
 
Musashi cues are the custom high end line of adam and built with much tighter tolerances and better materials. They are completely on par with any high end cue maker you can think of (including price).

Playability is completely subjective, so I wont get into that.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top