Adapting forged in fire to cue sports

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Cue sports has a rich tradition of specific construction standards.

Promoting the skill and craftsmanship might have a better chance of olympic recognition than current efforts.

A show where cue sticks are constructed and tested. Its a gimmick show, pool videos all look the same.

Cue sticks can be tested on promotional materials.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Cue sports has a rich tradition of specific construction standards.

Promoting the skill and craftsmanship might have a better chance of olympic recognition than current efforts.

A show where cue sticks are constructed and tested. Its a gimmick show, pool videos all look the same.

Cue sticks can be tested on promotional materials.

Tell you what got pitch your ideas to major TV Networks, you will get their attention when you also have commitments from major sponsors - advertisers like beer, liquor, prescription drugs , auto maker who have committed to buy sport on 13 weeks of advertising.

Ideas backed by money are attention getters, ideas alone get pitched all the time. They get killed before filming pilot as money talks and 🐂💩walks.👎

justnum

Silver Member
Tell you what got pitch your ideas to major TV Networks, you will get their attention when you also have commitments from major sponsors - advertisers like beer, liquor, prescription drugs , auto maker who have committed to buy sport on 13 weeks of advertising.

Ideas backed by money are attention getters, ideas alone get pitched all the time. They get killed before filming pilot as money talks and 🐂💩walks.👎

the idea was to put all pool
mfg into one show. Its like the military channel for weapons and tech.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
the idea was to put all pool
mfg into one show. Its like the military channel for weapons and tech.

Like I said pitch you ideas with money backers, and the Network might give you 10-20 minutes.

You know how many prr we pole pitch ideas, many, few get time of day.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Problem is it takes a year in some cases just to cut the parts and process for warpage. Couldn't condense an episode to an hour. The logistics wouldn't be easy to solve, I do like the idea though.

justnum

Silver Member
Plus potential viewer would be small mark share of tv viewers.

The target goal is education on how to choose a cue and learning the secret physical inspections cue manufacturers control. Its teaching the science of checking the hit and grip.

DeeDeeCues

They would have to invent a ton-o-meter to verify that a cue hit is worthwhile.

There first challenge will be building a sneaky Pete and the rest of the season will be spent arguing about what a sneaky really is. One dildo will just keep saying that nobody is fooled anymore.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The target goal is education on how to choose a cue and learning the secret physical inspections cue manufacturers control. Its teaching the science of checking the hit and grip.
I have a bunch of 50 dollar cues and they all do more pool than I can.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m thinking we should focus on the roundness of the balls, not the cues.

If the balls are out of round, what’s the point in having a cue?

This is all backwards. Pool starts with the balls. Not cues

Best
Fatboy<——-I’m a expert

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
They would have to invent a ton-o-meter to verify that a cue hit is worthwhile.

There first challenge will be building a sneaky Pete and the rest of the season will be spent arguing about what a sneaky really is. One dildo will just keep saying that nobody is fooled anymore.
Ton-O-meter,now that is funny right there. Problem is some cues that hit a ton aren't monsters and some monsters don't hit a ton.
The age old question is it a monster or does it hit a ton.

justnum

Silver Member
Well, to be fair...

One guy would finish his, but we'd find out he had someone else do it.

One guy would keep telling the judges it'd be ready in a week.

The last guy would sell his shop.

Thats the idea to make the cue builders as proud as the pro players.

The show is to promote different cue classes. The people making the cues can properly educate people on cue construction. It would be and end to the its arrow or the archer argument.