Added some pool related shirts and a couple of cue holders

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added a few of what Freddie (cornerman) calls gimcracks.

Me as an individual trying to sell on eBay isn't working, especially with the high shipping/postage rates. eBay charging sales tax is totally stupid. I've already paid the tax and am losing money and you shouldn't be required to pay tax again. I've got hundreds of things I've accumulated over the years, so I guess they'll go to the Goodwill or Salvation Army after I offer them to local pool playing friends. eBay used to work for me, but it sucks big time now. Wah wah wah

CuseFan559

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You will only pay tax if you list over 200 items this year or make over $20,000. eBay will then send you a 1099 for the next tax year. Buyers of your items will be taxed for their purchases but eBay handles that automatically.

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, I get that. I won't come close to that, even if I kept at it. I am not a business, just trying to share my stuff with like-minded people. But there's also the fact that I already paid the sales tax when I bought it, and I've read that you don't need to collect sales tax on something that you're selling at a loss since you're not actually making money. If I'm not required to pay/declare the sales tax, then the buyer should not be required to pay the sales tax.

Anyway, enough of that. I will rarely use eBay any more. It's super-strength was one I learned very early - if you don't know what it's worth, then eBay used to be a good place to go to sell something. Particularly specialized things that need a larger audience of buyers. Used to be.

And it turns out the cost of shipping little things is often more than the little things are worth! I try to set my starting bid so that I'll make maybe 50 cents to cover the gas to get to the post office. :oops:

Like I said wah wah wah :rolleyes: 😇

MurrayNevada

You will only pay tax if you list over 200 items this year or make over $20,000. eBay will then send you a 1099 for the next tax year. Buyers of your items will be taxed for their purchases but eBay handles that automatically.
There was a thread here about the threshold now being $600.00 instead of 20K. Don't know much about it.

CuseFan559

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a thread here about the threshold now being $600.00 instead of 20K. Don't know much about it.
You are correct. I checked on eBay and for 2022 the new amount is $600. They state that if you sell an item for less than you originally purchased it for you won't be taxed. But you would have to claim that when you actually file your tax return.

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct. I checked on eBay and for 2022 the new amount is $600. They state that if you sell an item for less than you originally purchased it for you won't be taxed. But you would have to claim that when you actually file your tax return.
Yeah, I knew that but didn't feel the need to argue it. My objection is that the buyer has to pay tax even though I don't have to pay it. But I'm guessing/hoping that even though I'm not responsible to pay it, eBay still pays it. So it's a win for everyone but the buyer, and that makes me angry.