advice/help needed

Istarted2late

I am trying to establish a value for a used Cuetec R360 which I bought new just before they released their Cynergy model. I reached out to Cuetec but never received a reply, so I was hoping that someone here would care to offer an opinion. My cue has the original 12.75 mm shaft as well as a Katana II shaft that is 11.8 mm and a Cuetec extension that screws into the butt. I know that pictures might help, but I am not savvy enough to do that. I can best describe it as being in good condition with no major flaws or issues...just normal wear. Both shafts have like-new Kamui soft tips, and the wrap shows no wear at all. I paid somewhere around $350 for the cue, another $225 for the Katana shaft, and $40 for the extension. Like many others, I have tried a carbon fiber cue which I really like and only want to sell this to help pay for it. For whatever reason, Cuetec decided to make the new Cynergy shafts only in a size that is too large to match up to the R360 butt, or I would simply buy their shaft. Thanking you in advance for any opinions you care to offer.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
In the nicest way possible, you would be seriously lucky to get back 40% of what you have in your cue. They don't sell well. Secondly, Cuetec does make the Cynergy in the slimmer joint for the older Cuetec cues. Here is a link to show you

Istarted2late

Thank you for your reply. With all of the shortages in pool-related products we are experiencing right now, it may well be that no one listed the 20mm shaft and I incorrectly assumed it wasn't available. I thought I would be fortunate to get 50% of the price paid for the R360, so your evaluation is probably more realistic. I will probably list it locally on Facebook Marketplace and see what kind of response I get.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thank you for your reply. With all of the shortages in pool-related products we are experiencing right now, it may well be that no one listed the 20mm shaft and I incorrectly assumed it wasn't available. I thought I would be fortunate to get 50% of the price paid for the R360, so your evaluation is probably more realistic. I will probably list it locally on Facebook Marketplace and see what kind of response I get.
Or try eBay, lots of Cue buyers there also.

Istarted2late

They must be back in stock as when I checked they only had them in the larger diameter shaft (21.5mm?). That must be a sign that the smaller ones like I need are being made as special order items. Thanks again for putting forth the effort to look for this information.