Air Travel With Cues.

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member
I'm not real comfortable with checking my cues in at the airport. Locked or unlocked the airport security still has full access. You can circumvent this by traveling with a firearm. I have a hard rifle case that would hold my cue and case along with an unloaded bb gun or a black powder derringer . If you fly with firearms you have to supply your own case and locks and secure it in front of the attendant before it goes on the conveyor. The case in the attached photo below is from Walmart has three areas for locking with your padlock. The other photo is a parts exploded view of a derringer that you can buy for about $20.00 on Gunbroker.com or use any firearm you have that won't take up room in the case. Understand you may have to surrender it when entering a foreign land so check the laws. You can cut out the foam inside the case to accept your case with enough room for other items of value you may not want to check in. It's a no brainer. I'm hearing that FedEx is a good move to forward your cues to whatever destination but understand that to be expensive. The other side of the coin is you'll be traveling with a rifle case so maybe some will think you're armed and not to be messed with.

I was a locksmith for 45 yrs and I can recommend the Sesamee combination locks where you can set your numbers on all three to your preference. Chances are you'll have these padlocks forever and with your preferred combo. Link =

pix111785302.jpg
7c0b6e90-6573-4b62-94ca-ee6a00a726ad.ae15cf88e05ef90e10b441d83446403d.jpeg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet if you bring along a corpse in a coffin you can get the same measure of protection and you can carry quite a few number of cues inside the coffin :)

I just stick a cheap cue butt with a shaft I like inside my main bag. If it's lost or damaged I am out a $70 cue and maybe a $100 shaft. Have not traveled by plane with any cues or shafts I use regularly or am fond of.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
For traveling with cues, I asked what the pros were using, then for my Vegas trip I bought the same hard case. They travel more than me, so I figured they would have it down, just like their break shots. I pack my cues in the suitcase or rolling duffle bag. For peace of mind, a cheap $30 Tile trackker and AirTag in my cue case gives me peace of mind.

crazy8legs

Registered
For traveling with cues, I asked what the pros were using, then for my Vegas trip I bought the same hard case. They travel more than me, so I figured they would have it down, just like their break shots. I pack my cues in the suitcase or rolling duffle bag. For peace of mind, a cheap $30 Tile trackker and AirTag in my cue case gives me peace of mind.
What was the hard case they use and you bought?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can one of these cue makers just craft a screw on cane type bottom? Multi- purpose for those fancy closet cues collecting dust.

I can see it now, close your eyes as swarms of league players strut through Las Vegas airport for the nationals. Smoke and excitement fills the air, like a parade of beer bellied pimps!

If you build it, they will come