Allen Gilbert Book On Kisses

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
On a Accu-Stat tape (Blomdahl vs Paniagua) I heard Walt Harris talking about Allen Gilbert considering writing a book on kisses in 3-C and how to avoid them.

Have you heard anything about this, Deno?

I'd be customer #1. Kissing out is the worst part of my game.

Deno J. Andrews

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gilbert could write a book on beating kisses by playing deliberate safties...which are a no-no in billiards :) I don't think he ever came out with such a book. Dick Jaspers gave me great advice years ago- to never play a shot that has a good chance to kiss. Sometimes despite your desire to play what looks like a natural, it is better to shoot something just a little more difficult to avoid a big kiss. If you want to chart some shots that you have trouble with (with the kiss), I will be happy to give you some advice on how to beat the kisses.
Deno

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gilbert Book

bud green said:
On a Accu-Stat tape (Blomdahl vs Paniagua) I heard Walt Harris talking about Allen Gilbert considering writing a book on kisses in 3-C and how to avoid them.

Have you heard anything about this, Deno?

I'd be customer #1. Kissing out is the worst part of my game.

Hi Bud,

Allen has been talking about writing a book on kisses since he first released his book "Systematic Billiards" in 1977, almost a year after I first met him. I still haven't seen it. Although I haven't talked to Allen in about a year, I'm pretty sure nothing has been done to date. The best way to avoid kisses is to wear protection :D.

Dave Gross

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Probably not much money in it for him even he did write it so I don't blame him.

Are you the same Dave Gross who did well at the nationals when they were in San Jose a number of years ago?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bud green said:
Probably not much money in it for him even he did write it so I don't blame him.

Are you the same Dave Gross who did well at the nationals when they were in San Jose a number of years ago?

Yes, that's me. It was 1993. Wife & I moved to Fort Collins, CO about 4 1/2 years ago. I thought I recognized your name. Hi.

Dave