Almost got air-barreled twice in one weekend

Then there is the other category of people who pay but are sore losers. My personal favorite was a gal who had been bugging me to gamble with her for some time. I finally agreed to a small stakes set and run over her, and then she is telling the whole room I hustled her out of her money and this is the room I played in most of the time.

I'm not sure which is worse, getting air barreled or getting paid and then the getting the psycho treatment. If you are on the road or playing for high stakes I guess you just want to get paid and get out the door, but for low stakes in a local room it ain't worth the hassle to win a few bucks.
 
alstl said:
Then there is the other category of people who pay but are sore losers. My personal favorite was a gal who had been bugging me to gamble with her for some time. I finally agreed to a small stakes set and run over her, and then she is telling the whole room I hustled her out of her money and this is the room I played in most of the time.

I'm not sure which is worse, getting air barreled or getting paid and then the getting the psycho treatment. If you are on the road or playing for high stakes I guess you just want to get paid and get out the door, but for low stakes in a local room it ain't worth the hassle to win a few bucks.

I hear ya. The one guy that I beat did seem to have attitude, but not too vocally to me. I had heard from some friends that he was talking about how "lucky" that I got -- and stuff like that -- which I can live with just fine. ;)
 
Neil said:
The way I am reading your post, it seems that you were playing for 20 a game, and he paid you for the first two games. But did not pay you for the last game, when he asked you to play double or nothing. That would mean he would only need 40 in his pocket if he lost. The game he didn't pay on gets carried over to the next game to determine the winner.If you win, he owes you 40. If he wins, he owes nothing.

I guess that's a possibility. Although every time that I've ever heard someone say double or nothing, it was for the total amount owed at the time. I guess anything is possible though. But since he paid me $20 after each game before that -- why would he want to change and hang on to the third $20? The only reason that I can think of is that he could of been hoping that I dropped dead of a heart attack while playing the next game -- and he would still have the last $20 in his pocket -- and nobody would be the wiser. :D
 
Neil said:
Right, it is for the amount owed. But you say he only owed you 20 when he said it.???

Oh nuts....I said it wrong...I meant double or nothing on the total amount he was STUCK. That's what is usually done.
 
Back
Top