American Rotation and Joe Tucker.....

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Joe came to Knoxville tonight on his way headed back north... I have had several discussions with Joe over the last year and a half or so over the new American Rotation League but I had never actually played the game....

I got pretty well crushed but all in all I think it's a game I could enjoy playing and I can see even playing in the League if we can get 10 total players here in Knoxville willing to join up.....

10 Players round robin... Player plays 9 matches in 9 weeks... $20 per man per match.... $1800 Kicked in by the players... $400 goes to pay for entry in the National Event for the Player selected from your League and the rest of the cash is split up for the top players for the session....

No dues... No Entry for Nationals... and they keep holding the Nationals at premier pool vacation events like DCC and the next one is coming up at the US Open.....

If you have a room with good 9ft tables and 10 guys that can play a lick why wouldn't you try and get them organized and in to the League....
It's more than a 100% payout right now as they try to grow the league to attract sponsors....

I intend to send Joe home tomorrow 1-1 by the way...

Chris
 
Joe left Knoxville headed for Columbus Ohio to meet up with Dee Atkins... Any of you slackers up there close to the pool room run over and take a shot at him.... He left here 2-0 and I am not not not happy LOL.....

Chris
 
I've been playing American Rotation for several seasons now and all I have to say is going from 15 ball rotation to 9 ball makes you a lot better.
 
Joe blames Rotation for the Pinoys as a rule being a few balls better than us lone gunslingers here in the States.... Funny guy... Everybody funny.. Now he funny too.....

Chris
 
"Hey man, come down here... Whatchoo want THIS time?"


* wish I had started this crap earlier *
 
I don't see why this 15 ball rotation league hasn't taken off better than it has. Maybe because you can't sandbag that much if at all in it. I think a nice 15 ball rotaion tournament and/or two top players playing a money match playing this game would help promote it.. Both would need to be streamed to get more players interested in playing it. In the 1960's, 70's, and 80's there were some kind or 15 ball rotaion games in most poolrooms. My room and many others paid the rent with one rotation table going 10-12 hours a day. Today, most players under 40 never played it. Johnnyt
 
I will be going into the pool room tomorrow night to try and get more commitments... So far I have 4 of 10 and am still waiting for the owners approval......

Chris
 
Wished I lived close to Knoxville.... well at least for this purpose only :-). I asked Joe *(in Vegas at the BCAPL event) about starting another league here in the Charlotte area at The Press Box (we have 12 new Blue Label Diamonds w Cyclopes balls etc) but have not heard anything more from him about it. We have at least 10 interested like right now...

Beautiful room, Perfect Equipment... ideal... I might even get back in stroke if we had this league here.

R

edit..Thanks for the referral Chris...
 
Last edited:
Wished I lived close to Knoxville.... well at least for this purpose only :-). I asked Joe *(in Vegas at the BCAPL event) about starting another league here in the Charlotte area at The Press Box (we have 12 new Blue Label Diamonds w Cyclopes balls etc) but have not heard anything more from him about it. We have at least 10 interested like right now...

Beautiful room, Perfect Equipment... ideal... I might even get back in stroke if we had this league here.

R

I'll have him call you.... They are gearing up for the next session and he has been on the road non-stop....

Chris
 
I just joined this league in Murfreesboro, TN and have yet to play my first official match! Although I have played the game several times in the past few months, it's gotten a lot of attention from the stronger players in our area that tried it out for the first time this week. We filled up the 10 players in 3 days I think. Everyone wants to try out a league with no handicaps or potential sandbagging possibilities.

Good luck to other establishments on getting a league together. The game is very entertaining and challenging compared to what other leagues offer.
 
Back
Top