Antique Brunswick T-rail install. How tight should the bolts be and are washers required

How tight should my t/rail bolts be on a Brunswick antique table and are washers required on the rail bolts.
I just had Simonis 860 installed with Superspeed rails and I am only getting 3-1/2 to 4 table lengths with a hard center ball hit….
Three rail bank shots go easy but four rail bank shots fall short of the pocket by at least two diamonds…..
Rail height is at 1-7/16”
Any suggestions on why my four rail bank shots can not make it to the pocket.
Table is approximately 1890 vintage Blake- Collender.

Hard Knock Cues

How tight should my t/rail bolts be on a Brunswick antique table and are washers required on the rail bolts.
I just had Simonis 860 installed with Superspeed rails and I am only getting 3-1/2 to 4 table lengths with a hard center ball hit….
Three rail bank shots go easy but four rail bank shots fall short of the pocket by at least two diamonds…..
Rail height is at 1-7/16”
Any suggestions on why my four rail bank shots can not make it to the pocket.
Table is approximately 1890 vintage Blake- Collender.
I'm not a professional mechanic but do it as a side gig, and I also have a 1912 T rail table. Definitely use washers or the bolt heads will tear at the wood while tightening. The holding power will be better as well.

I'm not sure on the torch for T rails, but mechanics hear have said 12 to 15 lb. On vertical bolted rails. Right or wrong I went with feel, You do have to be careful not to over tighten and pull the lead sleeve loose or out all together. My table looks like a lead filled hole drilled and tapped.
I've recalibrated my rails and new rubber but don't get a whole lot more than you and wondering if it's just the nature of T rails. I still have the bed cloth to change and using 760 for a little more speed. Just haven't done it yet because I'm practicing shots that might mar up the cloth first.

fwiw my 2 ¢

Robert

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm not a professional mechanic but do it as a side gig, and I also have a 1912 T rail table. Definitely use washers or the bolt heads will tear at the wood while tightening. The holding power will be better as well.

I'm not sure on the torch for T rails, but mechanics hear have said 12 to 15 lb. On vertical bolted rails. Right or wrong I went with feel, You do have to be careful not to over tighten and pull the lead sleeve loose or out all together. My table looks like a lead filled hole drilled and tapped.
I've recalibrated my rails and new rubber but don't get a whole lot more than you and wondering if it's just the nature of T rails. I still have the bed cloth to change and using 760 for a little more speed. Just haven't done it yet because I'm practicing shots that might mar up the cloth first.

fwiw my 2 ¢

Robert
👍