Any advice would be appreciated on this brand nused table

MeucciOriginal

Registered
So i got this Diamond 9ft table and wanted to see what the people i look up to have to say on how i did. After buying the table i didnt have enough for quality movers or new cloth I just knew it was a deal and i couldnt let it pass me up. After watching these guys disassemble and assemble it in less than 3 hrs (not including driving time) I was sure I would have problems later, and sure enough. The seams of the 3 piece slate came apart the second day after a 48 hr setup as per recommendations from table mover who should remain nameless. So after I saved and got the TB simonis 860 HR i was ready to finally play but the cheapest i could get to redo the cloth was $600. And after about 45 hrs of youtube videos i set out to do it myself. yeah i know. I bought a machinist level and away i went. This is what i started with.

Attachments

• pool table.jpg
    pool table.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 533

MeucciOriginal

Registered
Table was looking worse than it played but I was determined and giddy. Once i t was in my garage i felt a little better but the tables felt was holy lol

Attachments

• IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 538

MeucciOriginal

Registered
Once i started taking it apart i noticed multiple missing parts, bolts , screws, washers etc.. All of the pockets had this triangle cutout that all of my research said DONT DO. After I turned the skirting and rails around to get to the underside I noticed more missing hardware so back to the store I went. After removing pockets and bumper cloth I looked at the old bumpers and noticed a misspelling of championship in the trophy. Tried as best as I could to make the cloth taught.

Attachments

• IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2730.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 506

MeucciOriginal

Registered
Rails were completed with only 1 small incident and alot of yelling but wasnt as bad as it probably should have been so on we go.

Attachments

• IMG_2759.JPG
    IMG_2759.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2783.JPG
    IMG_2783.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_2787.JPG
    IMG_2787.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 504

MeucciOriginal

Registered
For a first timer i guess it went better than expected.

Attachments

• IMG_2788.JPG
    IMG_2788.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_2789.JPG
    IMG_2789.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2791.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 503

MeucciOriginal

Registered
Even got the simonis logo centered on the rails width and hiegth, got lucky , Had to clean the sights now and this was the only way i found not to damage the wood, took about 25 minutes per sight but was worth it in the end. Its by no means the best but its the best I have ever had and cant believe im playing on it at times, If you have any tips or advice its greatly appreciated, and according to the machinist level that is zeroed its within .006" any where on the table. Only problem was after i finished i was cleaning the balls and rolling them on the table as i set in front of the fan and noticed the balls were not rolling straight, i was so upset i had to leave the room after cleaning the balls. Once i was calm I was able to figure out the fan was blowing them off course lol, after fan adjustment I have been in heaven. Cant find anyone to lose to though. Definitely not as good as i should be but want to get better so bad , Dr Dave is my idol, thats what the stickers were on the original cloth lol. ok thats enough, waiting for responses, good or bad please chat away

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 511
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 501
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 498
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 502

MeucciOriginal

Registered
ps forgot to show the incredible light that came with it, seller said (famous last words of a fool) it was a 1970's model Diamond Professional w/ matching full light (measures about 104"x 54") he purchased himself. And after alot of buffing and elbow grease that last pic of the skirting - thats the reflection of my legs lol, I need some of this Florida sun.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ps forgot to show the incredible light that came with it, seller said (famous last words of a fool) it was a 1970's model Diamond Professional w/ matching full light (measures about 104"x 54") he purchased himself. And after alot of buffing and elbow grease that last pic of the skirting - thats the reflection of my legs lol, I need some of this Florida sun.
Diamond wasn't in business in the 70's, '87-'88 was when they started. Also, if it has the stock sub-rail angles it will bank a little shorter than what you may be used to. My place has two of these and they both play a tad short, not a huge deal but real. You did a really nice job here.

Last edited:

MeucciOriginal

Registered
thanks for the correction, and no a/c in this garage best time to play is 3-5 am lol florida is brutal during the day need to replace the rail rubbers as well, next time i guess

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the correction, and no a/c in this garage best time to play is 3-5 am lol florida is brutal during the day need to replace the rail rubbers as well, next time i guess
You can re-do the sub-rails to the new specs. Not that hard to do and will make the table play like a current Diamond.

MeucciOriginal

Registered
being an older table, what brand or kind of rail rubber should i get, i was told (lol) the original rails had very long life but i would like to replace just so its closer to new if possible.