Any golfers in the Central Valley?

staypuff578

Team Ramrod
Silver Member
Lately with this cold weather and work getting slow, i've found myself at the local pool room on the golf table more than usual. Only a handful of people that go in there play it, and most of the time they arent around. I couldn't hustle or play for money if I tried and you were blind folded but it sure would be nice to have a few more people up to hit some holes. Modesto, CA is where I play, Diamond Billiards on Mchenry to be exact. If there is anyone local thats interested in playing, feel free to contact me via PM.

Cheers to a new year AZB!
 
Hope you find some takers. Nice way to spend an afternoon. Play cheap and give each other grief. Find out who helps slow/stop the leader, and who just shoots for his hole...after all, he's not paying double;)

Great game with the right group.
 
Hope you find some takers. Nice way to spend an afternoon. Play cheap and give each other grief. Find out who helps slow/stop the leader, and who just shoots for his hole...after all, he's not paying double;)

Great game with the right group.

Yea I just started playing it a few months ago and man is it addicting! Not enough people around here play it, that's why I'm hoping to pull some folks out of hiding. Most of the time I play is with my "mentors" and well, they mop the floor with me. But all in all I love the game, and don't think ill stop playing anytime soon.
 
I'm in the east bay, but drive out south of Tracy often. I don't play much golf anymore, although it's a great game. If you ever want to shoot some pool, let me know. Crown Billiards might be a stretch for you, but it's a nice spot. Feel free to PM me.

Are you looking for a money game, or just looking for a social game, or both?
 
I'm in the east bay, but drive out south of Tracy often. I don't play much golf anymore, although it's a great game. If you ever want to shoot some pool, let me know. Crown Billiards might be a stretch for you, but it's a nice spot. Feel free to PM me.

Are you looking for a money game, or just looking for a social game, or both?

I've never heard of Crown but I would love to come check it out. I never have a problem driving to a nice room, even if it is a bit of a drive. I'll be getting hold of you definitely

Oh no no, no money. I'm an intermediate player at the most, I'm not big on gambling. The most i've gambled on golf is a dollar a hole or something along those lines just to make it a bit more interesting. As far as 9 ball goes maybe $5 a set lol, I like a good ol social game with a silly amount for a bet every once in a while. To shed some light on my skill level, at the local room I play in I'm rated a 75 speed, 9 ball 9' table. Not too impressive by any means.
 
Crown has 1$ an hour pool on the weekends, it's ridiculous. Brunswick GC's, two diamond barboxes, and a couple Oldhausens. Very nice people, no food, but great drinks. Come down, and I'll play you for a beer, a couple dollars, a goat, whatever ;)
 
Crown has 1$ an hour pool on the weekends, it's ridiculous. Brunswick GC's, two diamond barboxes, and a couple Oldhausens. Very nice people, no food, but great drinks. Come down, and I'll play you for a beer, a couple dollars, a goat, whatever ;)

That's awesome, I love GC's, that's where ill be if I go. Sounds good, I'll pm you and we'll get something setup for one of these weekends. I'm fresh out of goats but a beer will do!

btw, this is what all the hustlers say :wink:

Haha I wish I could hustle people, then I could quit working 60 hours a week for little pay!
 
Back
Top