Any Scruggs By Barnhart cue experts here?

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scruggs by Barnhart cues were Cues that Timmy was working on when he passed away and were finished by Corey Barnhart. I'm having a lot of trouble getting proper information and prices on these because I don't know if they are accepted Along the same line as scruggs cues or if they are considered Frankenstein cues and don't carry the same value as a cue finished by Timmy. It seems odd to me that someone would make a big deal about that considering the majority of Timmy scrugg's cues from a certain point on were being made by Mike Cochran anyway. Anyways if there's anyone out there who has decent knowledge on this can you please message me? The white is good stuff and it's a big pin. Not to mention the beautiful forearm. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_175458.jpg
    IMG_20221231_175458.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20221231_175449.jpg
    IMG_20221231_175449.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 145

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my 2 cents worth. I personally would list the cue for sale with all the information available about the cue. It does have the Scruggs name attached to the cue from the history that you revealed. Any Scruggs cue with a big pin and ivory joint seem to carry a premium as well. I would begin a listing by pricing it along the lines of what a pure Scruggs would bring with this joint set up, four points, veneers, no ivisible inlays.
If this cue is in top shape, with 2 shafts, as a pure Scruggs I would think you are in the $2500 to $3000 asking price range. Just my opinion.
The current market for this cue will end up being what a willing and able buyer will offer you within the first month of a targeted listing.