Any way to identify Brunswick cloth???

Diogenes

Silver Member
When I bought my GC-IV table 3 years ago it was setup as a display model in a billiard store. Of course I had the original cloth replaced with Simonis 860 felt when it was setup, and I stored the display cloth away over these years in the plastic Simonis bag.. I was told that the display cloth was top grade Brunswick Pool Table Felt - Championship Green... and comparable to the Simonis 860. I have to admit that it looks and feels like 100% top grade wool.

I'm wondering if there is anyway (like the Simonis black-light test) to verify if this is actually Brunswick cloth as it is 9' of never used felt, that would be worth something.

I'll never use it... but I would eBay it if I knew for sure.

Anybody have any answers here on this???

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I bought my GC-IV table 3 years ago it was setup as a display model in a billiard store. Of course I had the original cloth replaced with Simonis 860 felt when it was setup, and I stored the display cloth away over these years in the plastic Simonis bag.. I was told that the display cloth was top grade Brunswick Pool Table Felt - Championship Green... and comparable to the Simonis 860. I have to admit that it looks and feels like 100% top grade wool.

I'm wondering if there is anyway (like the Simonis black-light test) to verify if this is actually Brunswick cloth as it is 9' of never used felt, that would be worth something.

I'll never use it... but I would eBay it if I knew for sure.

Anybody have any answers here on this???

I'd hold on to it, then when you need to recover, use that cloth and see how it feels. You have Simonis there for a sample to compare it to, I'm sure you have a few swatches of it around after the cover job.

I'll tell you why you should. If you sell it, you will wondering till you die if it actually played as good as Simonis and you'll wish you had it back to try.

Diogenes

Silver Member
I'd hold on to it, then when you need to recover, use that cloth and see how it feels. You have Simonis there for a sample to compare it to, I'm sure you have a few swatches of it around after the cover job.

I'll tell you why you should. If you sell it, you will wondering till you die if it actually played as good as Simonis and you'll wish you had it back to try.

Na... there is no way that the Brunswick felt could ever be better for me than the Simonis 860. When it is conditioned properly and cleaned regularly... the 860 has the perfect speed and reaction to my style of play. I'm not saying anything bad against the Brunswick cloth... but there's a reason that Simonis is the #1 cloth in the world.
I'm just cleaning house of stuff that I don't need (like owning 3 sets of balls... when 2 of them never get touched). The unused cloth is definitely going, but I don't want to sell it to someone thinking that it's Brunswick's best and find out otherwise.

I was just wondering if there was a positive way of identifying Brunswick felt.
With Simonis... all that you need is a black-light... if it's Simonis... you'll know.