Anybody hear from Toby Fleharty from LV?

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody ever know what's going on with him these days and if he still plays? When I was a kid and lived in Vegas for a short period I used to sweat him playing onepocket all the time. Super solid player who played for pretty big stakes. Any updates on him??
 
Someone told me long ago that Toby still lives in Vegas, quit playing pool and went into some sort of business in town.

I always liked his philosophy while at the Cue Club - Anyone who walks through the door can get a game. He played them all - Billy Incardona, Scott Frost, Efren Reyes and many more. His matchups with Jack Cooney were legendary.
 
Toby was one of the most underrated one pocket players in the last 30 years a bonfide assasin at the game he would match up huge and he would take big rail action if he liked the game 2 times I had a rail bet of over 10k with him and his entourage.
 
Clint,

Only had one run in with Toby. It left an indellible impression on me. Doubt if there is anyone in Vegas who misses him. His game? Yes. Him? No.

Lyn
 
Yeah, he was super cocky but he would put it on the line. Always ready to do something big. However, when I was there- I was playing kinda good and he kept sweating me. Then he started popping off to play me. He went from $100 to game all the way to down to $2 a game- just to get me to play. I was scared and new to town so I didn't even accept his $2 request because he would beat me and I would show a little speed in front of a guy I wanted to trap. He kinda made me look bad that night. I kinda have regrerts not playing him. It woulda been cool to play a legend some cheap pool.
 
Back
Top