anybody here ever try a Tiger Carom X pro shaft?

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked one up a few months ago. The quality is very fine, however, the ferrule that came on mine looks more like a translucent material and not as white as it appears in pictures.

The taper on it is very comfortable, and I can use a crossover-type closed bridge for most shots, which is impossible to use with most other conical tapers. The hit is pretty crisp and solid overall, and I believe it comes stock with an Onyx tip.

It is advertised as "No Deflection," which of course, is physically impossible. I have found a few shots that defy this claim, but I can report that I generally use this shaft for all types of spins and speeds and don't make and adjustments at all regarding compensation. Overall I think it's a really good shaft.

N.B. - I use this shaft for 3c as it is designed for use with the larger (and heavier) carom balls. I have not tried using the shaft to play pool.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was another thread about somebody specifically using the Carom shaft to play pool. He was very very happy and also mentioned the very low deflection.

Please use the search for that.

The Onyx tip is nice, but the cheaper Ultraskins M are very close.

Cheers,
M