Gold Member
Silver Member
ouch!!!
hope alex heals quickly

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’ll play anybody in the World if they play one handed , they gonna have to prove it to me ! I’ll go all in on that game 100 !!!!!
You might not like that game in Ronnie Allen’s prime. He beat Harry the Horse, a decent short stop, playing one pocket, his one hand to Harry’s two. Joey Spaeth bet on Harry, he said Ronnie did everything with one hand that you could do with two.
I personally saw Ronnie give Harry a hole at golf on a 5 by 10 snooker table at Hollywood Billiards and rob him.
you might not have liked it at 3-cushion either.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might not like that game in Ronnie Allen’s prime. He beat Harry the Horse, a decent short stop, playing one pocket, his one hand to Harry’s two. Joey Spaeth bet on Harry, he said Ronnie did everything with one hand that you could do with two.
I personally saw Ronnie give Harry a hole at golf on a 5 by 10 snooker table at Hollywood Billiards and rob him.
you might not have liked it at 3-cushion either.
I believe you- but that seems nearly impossible . How could someone get that good playing one handed?

TKama

Blind squirrel gets nut
Silver Member
Yes I'd love to play Alex I tried to play Earl Strickland after he had burned his hand from a radiator cap but he refused this was in Seattle at city lights Earl and John Schmidt were on a teaching tour at the time I'm always looking for any kind of handicap no that didn't come out right it was all in fun

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you- but that seems nearly impossible . How could someone get that good playing one handed?
Jacked up-unlikely

Using the rails 1 handed it’s amazing what can be done. Used to be lots of 1 hand action back in the 80’s. Big $ action. It was never cheap action-as a side note. I was on the rail and saw it for years in person. Bet lots on it as well-when rail bets were a thing.

Best
Fatboy 😃

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the best one handed players using the rail play at least better than an A player. and jacked up can beat most b players.

unless its a true run out player i can beat anyone i run across on a bar table playing that way and have.

i remember miami playing a road player in his place in paterson. he was losing badly and quit. then told the guy if he got the 8 he would play one handed.
the guy said sure and miami broke him.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Gold Member
I’ll play anybody in the World if they play one handed , they gonna have to prove it to me ! I’ll go all in on that game 100 !!!!!
I just love it when Gypsy posts……He’s like probably half of our pool playing subconsciouses talking out loud.👍 can you back it up Gypsy? I’ll probably bite one day sooner or later just to find out dude! Probably get my ass handed to me!

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
monk one handed would beat most all poolroom players in one pocket.
You must have been there too!

I was

Made nice $ betting on him.

With monk sometimes I’d bet against him the first 12-18-24 hours in a session, then I’d see the tide turns and after 24 hours he was the favorite. After 36 hours straight he was a lock by then. The longer the session the more it favored monk. All on the natural, he was the best marathon player ever. When I figured that out, I really got a pay jump on my rail action. The cocaine cowboys would run out of blow or it stopped working and monk would rob them then. I watched him out last the drug players and mop up so many times.

Monk smoked 10 packs a day-he’s still alive. Doing well last I heard a couple months ago. I never knew him real well, we spoke very little. But he was always cool and had my respect. I was just a kid watching. To me he’s a legend in pool.

Once about 10 years after all that 1 handed action I did run into him and we spoke for about a half hour. He remembered me-when I was a broke kid he had very little use for me, so he didn’t say much. He let me watch him play backgammon back when I was a kid. When I got older he did speak to me. I don’t think he likes kids.

I’d like to see him again someday

Best
Fatboy<——-I might qualify to carry his chalk, not much more.