Anyone else hate 99s?

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Anyone else hate 99-ball runs?

It's just a number, and says little about the quality of the run per se, needless to say there are more serious problems in the world, but I'm sick every time. My third-highest run the last couple of weeks along with another 99, realistically speaking reason to feel good about myself as I've just picked up practicing again, but it's this "so close yet not quite there feeling" that's off-putting, also, I really meant to break my high run and would have had enough time if the run hadn't ended, so I packed up and left, saying to myself I've got more important things to do (work = double penalty?).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
LOL.... David.... 99 is great and think how many people wish that they could say that they have had a few 99 ball runs lately..... BUT... it is sure nice to get to that 100...LOL... I remember a while back, I posted a 99 ball run. For my 100 ball I had two choices either a hard cut shot from the rail or a three ball combo into a 4th ball from the sack. I took the cut shot and the cue ball skidded, end of story... I than replaced the cue ball took the combo and it went right in...... So my friend.... as good as you are, that 200 will come one day, never mind 99.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
LOL.... David.... 99 is great and think how many people wish that they could say that they have had a few 99 ball runs lately..... BUT... it is sure nice to get to that 100...LOL... I remember a while back, I posted a 99 ball run. For my 100 ball I had two choices either a hard cut shot from the rail or a three ball combo into a 4th ball from the sack. I took the cut shot and the cue ball skidded, end of story... I than replaced the cue ball took the combo and it went right in...... So my friend.... as good as you are, that 200 will come one day, never mind 99.

Thanks for the kind words, Mike, will keep trying for sure! Of course, any run is a luxury problem, but then Straight Pool is - just love playing, but due to time constraints, only get to play more than one run per day if I don't do well… LOL!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
99s? Haven't seen any yet so far, I'll let you know if I run into one :D
I hate 29s though...