I first started playing in 2006 at the age of 21 when I was stationed at Osan Air Base,Republic of Korea. Right outside the main gate is a bar district with around 113 bars,many f not most possessing a free play bar box. I started playing to have something to do besides hammering soju kool-aid and cheap OB beer. Eventually one of the female bartenders asked if I wanted to join the local bar league,and I took her up on it.I played for one season, and I think I won only a single game.I was purely a banger at the time, just making what I thought I could,having no idea about cue control.
After that season,I never played league again, as I didn't like the rules they used at the time,and I wanted to get better before trying again.I read Jeanette's book,which helped a lot,and I started learning the basics of cue control.
Sadly, as I started venturing out further and further from the base, I played pool less and less. I never even went into one of the thousands of pool halls everywhere in the ROK. Then in 08,I PCS'd out of Osan,and didn't play pool again until last year,and I joined APA last month. It didn't even occur to me to play when I was stationed in Vegas :shocked:
anyway,this thread is for pool stories from those of you who have,or currently play, in my home away from home, South Korea.Share your stories.
After that season,I never played league again, as I didn't like the rules they used at the time,and I wanted to get better before trying again.I read Jeanette's book,which helped a lot,and I started learning the basics of cue control.
Sadly, as I started venturing out further and further from the base, I played pool less and less. I never even went into one of the thousands of pool halls everywhere in the ROK. Then in 08,I PCS'd out of Osan,and didn't play pool again until last year,and I joined APA last month. It didn't even occur to me to play when I was stationed in Vegas :shocked:
anyway,this thread is for pool stories from those of you who have,or currently play, in my home away from home, South Korea.Share your stories.