anyone ever try this?

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i've got an old brunswick double butterfly one piece cue. i'm thinking of cutting in a joint in between the 1st and 2nd set of butterflies. this would leave the upper set of butterflies on the shaft. there is 1.50" in between the points of upper set and lower set.
i realize, i have to lengthen butt of cue with a handle
appreciate any insight you fellas can provide

model304.jpg

model302.jpg

model301.jpg

Last edited:

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
The concept will work... but you are going to have to turn the shaft down and might lose a lot of your upper butterfly point during that process. Also... what kind of a joint are you going to install? Flat-faced would obviously look the best..

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the present diameter at the point where you intend to place the joint? Is there any warp in the cue, that you will have to turn out? I think it will look nice if the conditions are just right.

Tracy

TellsItLikeItIs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stix4sale said:
i've got an old brunswick double butterfly one piece cue. i'm thinking of cutting in a joint in between the 1st and 2nd set of butterflies. this would leave the upper set of butterflies on the shaft. there is 1.50" in between the points of upper set and lower set.
i realize, i have to lengthen butt of cue with a handle
appreciate any insight you fellas can provide
Would you be interested in selling it (before you cut it that is)? If so, PM please.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
RSB-Refugee said:
What's the present diameter at the point where you intend to place the joint? Is there any warp in the cue, that you will have to turn out? I think it will look nice if the conditions are just right.

Tracy

hi tracy, it's .960 and the shaft has a very minor roll in the last 12" of cue.
most of that will be cut off anyway, shortened.

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stix4sale said:
hi tracy, it's .960 and the shaft has a very minor roll in the last 12" of cue.
most of that will be cut off anyway, shortened.
Sounds like you have plenty to work with. Post pics when it's done, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Tracy

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Butterfly Cue

Well, I'll Have To Try It On Another Cue
This One Is Sold
Thanks Claymont