Anyone Have...

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lisa, if you have a cue that has advanced your game, that you love the feel of, and that hits like a dream, I strongly recommend you never let it go. If you want a brown Josey, then save your money and buy one. But NEVER let go of a cue that does for you what your current cue does. You'll be very sorry when your caparicious notion nets you a cue that looks the way you want but does not play like your beloved.

All cues from a given cuemaker do NOT play the same. Even two cues from the same craftsman using the same woods may not--most likely not--play or feel the same.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
tedkaufman said:
Lisa, if you have a cue that has advanced your game, that you love the feel of, and that hits like a dream, I strongly recommend you never let it go. If you want a brown Josey, then save your money and buy one. But NEVER let go of a cue that does for you what your current cue does. You'll be very sorry when your caparicious notion nets you a cue that looks the way you want but does not play like your beloved.

All cues from a given cuemaker do NOT play the same. Even two cues from the same craftsman using the same woods may not--most likely not--play or feel the same.

i believe as you when it comes to what you do when you find a "gem" but you would be very surprised if you played with let's say five of keith's cues. you would notice they play virtually identical with things like length, weight, shaft diam. and tips being the same. that's what i've always stated separates him from some makers. i've owned more josey's than most and they all play very similar.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
When I first started to know about custom cuemakers few years ago, I asked a gentleman in Sacramento what custom cues he has and why. He said he owns few Josey cues and the reason was consistency in "play" from the cue.

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would have to think that bocote is esp going to play different that ebony. I agree with the above posters that two identical looking cues form the same maker can play differently. I like the ebony sneaky that you have now...... I think its very sharp and classy looking cue. I wouldnt trade it esp if you like the way that it hits.
Best,

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know, some of you all are just trying to save me from myself...lol. And it is appreciated.

I haven't done anything yet! However, I have a line on a few, and will check them out a little later this week...when I get pics. One of which I am particularly curious to see. ;)

Until then, the ebony is safe within it's case.:D

Lisa

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
bells said:
I would have to think that bocote is esp going to play different that ebony. I agree with the above posters that two identical looking cues form the same maker can play differently.
Best,

this doesn't have to be true. with certain construction techniques the "base" wood can be made more insignificant to the hit of the cue. some makers know what to do to accomplish this. keith is one of them.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bumpity bump...in case no one has had a chance to see this yet.:)

Would also be interested in seeing any in Rosewood or Purpleheart as well!

Lisa

Last edited: