Anyone interested in refinishing a Brunswick Centennial in Ohio?

60inchcueguy

I buy 60" cues!
Silver Member
Here's what I have.

I was told that the rails were sanded and then teak oil was applied to them about 10 years ago. They look fine to me, but I was wondering if I should have them clear-coated for protection.

I would also be interested in having the aluminum cleaned up and brought back to an original look. I don't care for the chrome look.

I'm not sure about the cushions, as I did not even check them. If they are bad, I would need them replaced as well.

I have included pictures of the table to show what it looks like now.

If anyone would be interested in taking this on, message me. The table is located between Dayton and Cincy.

386441693_1074065160575792_5508654556010327425_n.jpg

387511290_373938898440242_1510056934595959844_n.jpg

10.jpg

387501477_1594647244682032_20534545806332786_n.jpg

387518225_345234314899736_7873062481730432858_n.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much money are you willing to spend?

Your aprons and castings were polished aluminum with clear anodizing from the factory. To emulate this, the existing anodizing has to be removed, the parts polished, then clear anodized. This process isn't cheap. I had the extruded aluminum rail trim done on my Gold Crown I. These thin pieces ran $400. I inquired about doing the pocket castings and was quoted $900 with the caveat that old cast pieces sometimes rainbow during the clear anodizing process and they wouldn't guarantee the outcome. For your stuff, I'd wager you'd be looking at $3K-$4K to polish and clear anodize the Centennial aprons, pedestal trim and casting. Maybe more.

Like you, I'm not a fan of the chrome look so I opted for Almost Chrome powder coating. I think it matches the anodized aluminum nicely and it's a good representation of what it looked like originally. The powder coating came with its own set of issues due to outgassing.

52208831917_cf41f816d3_h.jpg

60inchcueguy

I buy 60" cues!
Silver Member
How much money are you willing to spend?

Your aprons and castings were polished aluminum with clear anodizing from the factory. To emulate this, the existing anodizing has to be removed, the parts polished, then clear anodized. This process isn't cheap. I had the extruded aluminum rail trim done on my Gold Crown I. These thin pieces ran $400. I inquired about doing the pocket castings and was quoted $900 with the caveat that old cast pieces sometimes rainbow during the clear anodizing process and they wouldn't guarantee the outcome. For your stuff, I'd wager you'd be looking at $3K-$4K to polish and clear anodize the Centennial aprons, pedestal trim and casting. Maybe more.

Like you, I'm not a fan of the chrome look so I opted for Almost Chrome powder coating. I think it matches the anodized aluminum nicely and it's a good representation of what it looked like originally. The powder coating came with its own set of issues due to outgassing.

52208831917_cf41f816d3_h.jpg
Looks good. Thanks for the info.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Here's what I have.

I was told that the rails were sanded and then teak oil was applied to them about 10 years ago. They look fine to me, but I was wondering if I should have them clear-coated for protection.

I would also be interested in having the aluminum cleaned up and brought back to an original look. I don't care for the chrome look.

I'm not sure about the cushions, as I did not even check them. If they are bad, I would need them replaced as well.

I have included pictures of the table to show what it looks like now.

If anyone would be interested in taking this on, message me. The table is located between Dayton and Cincy.

View attachment 735997

View attachment 735998

View attachment 735999

View attachment 736000

View attachment 736001
I think your table is unrepairable, your best bet is to just give to me, that will save you the headache of scrapping it. I will take care of it free of charge for you, that's how I roll. Please contact me for pick up. :)

NYC

Great looking table and I would add 3 coats of some high dollar water based topcoat for the rails. Zar OMU which works will with oily wood. To finish off your aluminum trim pieces I would check around your area for a business that deals with automotive exterior film wraps. Then you can get whatever color of your choice for the table's trim pieces