anyone use PAIR TipForge tip tool or similar ones?

sbrownn

Registered
Has anyone tried the PAIR Forge tip tool? This is the best video I found demonstrating it:


Or this one which looks very similar and an all in one kit (tip cutting blade plus tip centering) and is delivered from California and can be returned there if necessary:


Unfortunately, none of the videos I've found show the tool(s) completely apart, how the tool(s) connect around and center the shaft (I have collets to use to protect the shaft), how the blades are changed, etc.

I cannot figure out what the bottom part of the tool is for (in red rectangle):

View attachment 932980
 
Just found out a bunch from David Micah Sanchez after finding his following ad post on facebook:


So, going back to this picture:

1790371649874.png


The second tool in the right column is for using specialized curved blades (more expensive and harder to find) and is not necessary. The last tool in the right column is an additional screw for holding in the blade assembly, again not needed. He also state there is a self centering plastic collet that runs the full length of the tool on the left side of the picture plus the tip centering applicator and some extra blades for $90 shipped (no taxes, etc.). He was very helpful and is a member of Kentucky Billiards Market on facebook.

Looking forward to trying this out with some cheap tips and the old crusty and unclaimed shaft I found tucked in a back cabinet where we play.
 
I like the idea but I doubt the knives can cut some hard tips and, especially, those with hard clear plastic bottoms as are found in Kamui clear tips or the Rhino Time Crystal.
 
Back
Top