Anyone use WB waterbuffalo tips?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I actually use the Sumo branded ones,but these are right there with them. They are usually very hard,if compressed in a vice before installing they become too hard for most people,consequently most people use and recommend them for break jump cues,but I play with them like that,and love the feel. Schon also uses a repressed WB of some kind or another. Tommy D.

hustlefinger

Silver Member
I use a Talisman WB tip on my playing cue, which I also break with. This is my second one my first lasted well over a year. And if I scuffed conservatively, it woulda lasted longer.

Rick

duke@neo.rr.com

soon to be banned
Silver Member
hey.

RAZOR ROG said:
I use them on my break jump. They hit real hard, and last forever.
I use water buffalo tips but have my local cuemaker put them on for me. DZ does great work guys, check him out!!

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
If You like Water Buffalo Tips - You'll LOVE The new Rhino Fore-skin Tips.

They are very hard to come by - so they are very expensive - BUT WELL WORTH THE PRICE.

TY & GL

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Info On Rhino Fore-Skin Tips.

THE BEST TIPS ARE - (IMHO)
The VERY BEST tip comes from a 2.3 ton Rhino. I like to use the fore-skin (leather) from a recently circumcised male Rhino.
It is the VERY BEST tip material for cues - BUT - they are very expensive.
The leather from this circumcised Rhino isn't that costly to make - BUT - the African Natives that harvest them want to charge a fortune.
I do have 3 that I can let go of - BUT - I would have to charge you $2,600 apiece because the tribe that has been getting them for me is running short on them.
Not the Rhinos - The Natives!

TY & GL

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
The VERY BEST tip comes from a 2.3 ton Rhino. I like to use the fore-skin (leather) from a recently circumcised male Rhino.
The leather from this circumcised Rhino isn't that costly to make - BUT - the African Natives that harvest them want to charge a fortune.
I do have 3 that I can let go of - BUT - I would have to charge you $2,600 apiece because the tribe that has been getting them for me is running short on them.

TY & GL

LOL! Man, you need to quit! :D :p LOL!

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have offered the WB's as an option to other tips we carry for 2-3 years now, and they are subjective to the individual, as any other tip, some people prefer them, others don't, and some like them for breaking. They are decent tips for the money, and hold up well. They are kind of thick so may mushroon, unless pressed, but over pressing them will make them hard as a rock sometimes once burnished. Another thing due to the thickness, we will sometimes cut them down alittle. They are basically another option to tips like le-pro, and others. We have a set price for tips in that range, and the price is the same on those. Just depends on what someone wants.

They are worth trying, some people shoot very well with them, just not for everyone. If They were to work for You, It would be a low cost alternative to the more expensive tips, and save you quite a bit of money down the road on tip jobs. Greg

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
Cue Crazy said:
We have offered the WB's as an option to other tips we carry for 2-3 years now, and they are subjective to the individual, as any other tip, some people prefer them, others don't, and some like them for breaking. They are decent tips for the money, and hold up well. They are kind of thick so may mushroon, unless pressed, but over pressing them will make them hard as a rock sometimes once burnished. Another thing due to the thickness, we will sometimes cut them down alittle. They are basically another option to tips like le-pro, and others. We have a set price for tips in that range, and the price is the same on those. Just depends on what someone wants.

They are worth trying, some people shoot very well with them, just not for everyone. If They were to work for You, It would be a low cost alternative to the more expensive tips, and save you quite a bit of money down the road on tip jobs. Greg

I played WB's for year, then the last I had where really hard and when I would mis cue...
:D

A big chunk would come off the tip, so switched to talismen med love the hit never mis cue its a little soft. Im thinking I will try Talismen WB.

Mack

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:

TY & GL
Mom ALWAYS liked you better!

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stolz2 said:
I played WB's for year, then the last I had where really hard and when I would mis cue...

A big chunk would come off the tip, so switched to talismen med love the hit never mis cue its a little soft. Im thinking I will try Talismen WB.

Mack

Yeah, Had that happen one time, I may have over pressed It. I am really carefull not to do that now. I have also seen one tip from a box that just seems harder then the others, therefore more brittle. The one it happened to me on was unusual in the fact that it burnished much darker then usual, and did not even seem like the same type of tip. Either could have happened in your case. I have a few customers that won't shoot with anything else, others that don't care for them at all, and prefer the le-pro. I have shot with them, and did fine, but I prefer the moori fast on My personal cue at the time. Been using the same tip for 1 1/2-2 years probably, and has not been changed. Think I am going to switch to a medium for a while though. I have to constantly pik the tip to get It to hold chalk better. It does hold it's shape well though. The medium is probably the slight change I need. Most of the people I have installed those for, were very happy with them. Ofcourse they are alot more money then the WBs. Like with most tips, some people like the Wbs, and some don't. I do get more requests for le-pros in that price range now.

Greg

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
been using the WB brand tips for about a year now,,,no problem holding their shape,,is a little tough keeping chalk on them, though,,,they do seem "dry' to me, IMHO.

have not had miscue problems; I break and shoot with the same cue,,,,jflan

cuetec_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the opinions, most seem to be positive i guess ill order a box of those next with a box of Le Pro's and some Elkmasters. My Triangle tips should be in tomorrow I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i got some. fell in love with tem at first. stopped playing as much, and when i did i miscued like crazy. it's me. of course.

i have to find them, they're somewhere. anyone want a couple i'll throw one or two your way. just mail me a self addressed stamped, bubble envelope( i think that's all i need to send them out)

the mediums hit hard, but they have good "grab". i got good english off the cb.

just PM me first....BUT MIND YOU, i have to look for them.

T.Cox

Registered
I used them when I played with Schon because that is what came from the factory. I play withTalisman's now and love them on my Viking.