Anyone want to trade ?

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimbo We need to talk about this. I haven't even started to close in my basement yet due the funding issue of job being outsourced overseas. I have a full height ceiling and room for maybe a 9' table once its done. and thats very iffy with a pole in the center of the house. Just barely with a 60" cue. God do I love Snooker!

I'll give you call later :)

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Rating - 95.6%
43   2   0
Wow ...

Can't believe that table is still there too... That is a heck of a deal if you have the room for it ... Wish I did I would get rid of my bar box for a table like that ...lol...

JMB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
re - snooker table ??

Hello - I am going to buy a 5 x 10 snooker table and your looks like a nice older table. My problem is as follows I am not ready to take delivery. The asking price is fair and I will be leaving for florida the last week of july from Minneapolis. Is there a chance that you would hold the table ??

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding. I thought I had this thing sold for him about 6 months ago. But the guy backed out of it bullsnotting both of us in the process. I cut my teeth on a bar box but I went to the dentist on a 5X10 snooker table. Man oh man I miss them little red balls. That's why I play Straight Pool. It's not easy selling a snooker table unless a pool room wants one and thats only if they have people that would play on it real regular. You would be real surprised at how many people have no clue what snooker is much less what a table looks like.

I'm still looking at measurements and trying to see what I can do to get the room but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. <grrrrr> Not only is it a very good deal but I would have as much fun doing a refinish/restore on it as I would playing on it. Even then that would have to be done before carpet and wall paint goes in. I asked the wife and she said "Well thats nice...can you put it in a rent-a-storage place until the basement gets done?" The look I gave her and my silence answered that question. All she said was "oh".

Even with price of fuel as it is right now it would be worth the 1000 mile round trip to me. I don't know if I can even get a 9' pool table in there and have the playing room around the table. I want to shoot every shot with my cue not a sawed off little runt half stick. It's sacrilege to put my "Go get 'em bad boy" Jim Lee Special in the rack to make that shot.

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just measured again and there is no way I can make it work. There is a pole which is one of two that holds the beam under the main load bearing wall down center of the house.

JMB? If you want to it talk to Jim. Hes a good guy to work with.