April 13/14 Bar Box Bonanza Series 1st Stage @ The New Green Room Dundalk, Maryland

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Amateur side $800.00 1st / Open Side $1st 1250.00 Based on full fields

Attachments

• Publication1 bar box series.jpg
    Publication1 bar box series.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 560

partytime

Registered
Green Room

I heard this was going to be a great tournament. Who runs it ? Does the place have better food then the last time or should we eat before we get there ?

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Bar Box Bonanza

Partytime:
Tournament Director: Loye Bolyard
website Developer: Bryan Starkey
In the food its up to you where you chose to eat. But myself and other like the food and beverages they supply at the New Green Room. If you chose to eat else where they are Rules: No outside food or drinks in there place of business.

Table Top Joe:
They have 24 or 25 Valley 7ft. tables there. We are using them all for this event. Once we get thru the first 3 to 4 rounds we will give tables back to the room for HR rates. Good chance of some action going on...

Please feel free to ask all question regarding the event...
Thank You,
Loye Bolyard
www.breaknnrun.com

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Table Top

Only one event at this time. Hopefully in a year or sooner we will be at full fields and able to schedule matches.

More about the event will be posted soon.
Working out a design for shirts with Stackd Clothing Co. everything is coming along well.

Keep Stroking!!!

BaltimoreBCA

bb

You should be able to pocket any ball during a pushout. Even the 9 ball. If your opponent doesn't like what shot you leave them they can choose to give the shot back. I've never heard of not being able to pocket the 1 ball.

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Teaching old dog new tricks!!!

Teaching old dogs new tricks!

A few months back I was playing and running a event at one of the local bar. During the match this situation came up. I broke and nothing went. The income player call push and wanted to shoot the one ball straight in. My first thought when he asked, he couldn't do that because it voided the push and became a legal shot not a push (your playing 8-ball and call 2-ball but pocketing the 6-ball, you losing your turn). The foul accord when they called 'PUSH' then wanted to shot the 1-ball in. In turn switched the PUSH into a legal shot. If you make contact with the 1-ball only 3 things can happen. Pocketing the 1-ball, make a legal hit were cue ball or object must hit the rail or play safe. I made the decision if he or she calls push and pockets the 1-ball it was a foul and become ball in hand income player. The 1-ball or lowest number ball starts the game. In everything life, games, work etc. there's a start and a finish.... Tournament director can modify rules to alter something that he or she doesn't see fit. If this shot came up often I would have changed along time ago, but once in 20 plus years of playing! Giving you a better perspective that's 1 in every 80,000 games I have played.... I'm low balling that games played number...

Where I was wrong is how I changed it in the middle of a match. Should have thought it out better. Posted on our site for everyone to read and understand it.... My Bad!!! Live and learn...

Section 4:
Push Texas Out Express Official 9-Ball Rules 4.1: Push Out Option After the Break
(Also referred to as a Roll Out)

The player who executes a legal break and pockets a numbered ball has the option to Section push out (shoot 1: Object the cue of ball) the Game on the first shot after the legal break. If no balls are legally pocketed on the break, the incoming player retains the option to push out. 1.1: Object of the Game After a legal push out, the incoming player has the option to accept the position of Nine-ball the cue ball is and played execute with a a shot, cue ball or pass and nine numbered balls (1-9). The object of the (non-execute) game is to legally the shot pocket attempt the 9 and ball. allow On each the opponent shot, the to cue shoot. ball During must first a push contact out, the the lowest numbered object ball on the table. Any numbered ball pocketed as a result of a player may shoot the cue ball to any area on the table by executing a legally attempted legal shot. There shot, is whatever no requirement its number, for the permits cue ball the to player strike to a continue. numbered ball A 9-ball or rail legally or to drive pocketed any at ball any to time a rail, during and the any game numbered results ball in a that win for is pocketed the player. stays A match down. ends The only when one of the players has won the required number of games. If a player fails to legally numbered ball to be spotted is the nine (9) ball. A push out must be executed by means of pocket a legally a numbered stroked ball, shot. the There incoming is no player requirement must accept for any the ball positions to strike of a the rail cue during ball a and push object out. ball Any positions illegal shot on the results table. in a If foul, the outgoing giving the player incoming has fouled, player cue the ball-in-incoming player may place the cue ball (called "ball-in-hand") anywhere on the table (other than hand. The push out must be declared, and the player attempting the push out must variations receive acknowledgement during the break). from the Numbered opponent. balls If do the not player have to receives be pocketed an acknowledgement in numerical order, from the provided opponent the and lowest executes numbered the shot, ball it on will the table be considered is contacted a legal first. shot. There All is rules no requirement that any shot or pocket be declared prior to shooting. Each player pertaining to fouls shall apply, regardless of intent, final placement or path of the cue continues ball or to struck play until numbered he or balls.

SECTION 4
4.1:(A) MODIFIED PUSH
Contacting the lowest numbered ball
The start of every 9-Ball game is done by pocketing the lowest number ball after the break.
If you call PUSH and hit the lowest numbered ball it voids the PUSH and the incoming player receives ball in hand because it turns the PUSH into a LEGAL SHOT. In any game of Pocket Billiards you can only call one shot at at time...

Section 1:
Object of the Game 1.1:
Object of the Game Nine-ball is played with a cue ball and nine numbered balls (1-9). The object of the game is to legally pocket the 9 ball. On each shot, the cue ball must first contact the lowest numbered object ball on the table. Any numbered ball pocketed as a result of a legal shot, whatever its number, permits the player to continue. A 9-ball legally pocketed at any time during the game results in a win for the player. A match ends when one of the players has won the required number of games. If a player fails to legally pocket a numbered ball, the incoming player must accept the positions of the cue ball and object ball positions on the table. If the outgoing player has fouled, the incoming player may place the cue ball (called "ball-in-hand") anywhere on the table (other than variations during the break). Numbered balls do not have to be pocketed in numerical order, provided the lowest numbered ball on the table is contacted first. There is no requirement that any shot or pocket be declared prior to shooting. Each player continues to play until he or she 1) fails to legally pocket a numbered ball, 2) fouls, or 3) wins the game!

Teaching old dogs new tricks!
By the way I could be wrong!!!

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
West9622 and Guide Lines

West9622
There's other events during this time. The amateur side will do well the open side is going to be tough.

If you fit this player profile:

Any player competes for a living and who earned the right to carry a sponsorship from a billiard company. If they have cashed in any of the following major event. ( Diamond Open 10-Ball Pro Players Championship , US Open 9-Ball Championship , US Open 10-Ball Championship*, Derby City Classic*, Turning Stone Classic ) A player that win regularly on the Mezz Pro-Am, Joss Tour, Action Pool Tour, Planet Pool Tour etc.

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
West9622
There's other events during this time. The amateur side will do well the open side is going to be tough.

If you fit this player profile:

Any player competes for a living and who earned the right to carry a sponsorship from a billiard company. If they have cashed in any of the following major event. ( Diamond Open 10-Ball Pro Players Championship , US Open 9-Ball Championship , US Open 10-Ball Championship*, Derby City Classic*, Turning Stone Classic ) A player that win regularly on the Mezz Pro-Am, Joss Tour, Action Pool Tour, Planet Pool Tour etc.

any chance the amateur side finishes up in one day? has it in the past?

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only if we need it

All the events I have ran finished in one day. I ask for the second as a needed bases. In time I will need the second day. But having 25 tables helps out a lot with the movement of matches...

partytime

Registered
Bonanza

What if you get a small amount of pro players and not enough to have a tourney with that amount , Will you allow them in the amateur side ? I would like to know the answer to this question before I travel all that way. I am not interested in spending that amount of money to play against guys that do this for a living. I love the game and play it for my form of entertainment and competition, I don't play to pay my gas and electric bills.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard this was going to be a great tournament. Who runs it ? Does the place have better food then the last time or should we eat before we get there ?
You can eat at the Farmer's Market next door. There is an Amish-run place that has decent food...and some of those Amish chicks are hot with their little bonnets and innocent smiles.

I know, I am a sick SOB...LOL

The food at the Green Room itself is not too bad either.

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Needing Only 8

No pro's allowed in the amateur event. Would have better insight on what's happening in the Open side but waiting until the day of, for paying the entry fee can cost in dead end travels for them... The Amateur side takes care of itself.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No pro's allowed in the amateur event. Would have better insight on what's happening in the Open side but waiting until the day of, for paying the entry fee can cost in dead end travels for them... The Amateur side takes care of itself.
Loye,
How many players must join the Amateur event for you to determine if you need to carry over to Sunday?

I am asking because I am leaving town on Sunday morning and don't want to forfeit if I am lucky enough to make it that far.

payball

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
amount needed for 2nd day

Last time there was 41 players and finished before midnight. Needs to be a full field of 64 to consider a second day.