Are all 3/8 x 10 shafts/pins the same?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Sorry about the newbie question, but I'm pretty new to pool, especially the gear aspect.

I have an OB121 that I like (took me a year to realize I prefer wrapless cues). It has a 3/8 x 10 pin/shaft.

I'm considering trying other shaft brands just for the experience (i.e. I like the OB1 and OBClassic, but want to try others too).

If a shaft in the Wanted/ForSale section says it's a 3/8 x 10 can I assume it will fit the OB cue? Is 3/8 x 10 a strict standard or are there variations that might not work?

Many thanks.
 
............

You are correct in knowing there is a few variations of the 3/8-10 pin. Most shafts that fit the variations of this pin will "normally" state what specific pin they will fit. If you are buying a shaft for the standard 3/8-10 unless otherwise stated, you should be good to go. If you do have concerns, call the mfg of the shaft and just ask to make sure it will fit.
 
Back
Top