Az billiard community Tournament...Why not?!

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever suggested this? I think it would be quite an event. Maybe make it a yearly deal. Mr. Helfert could facillitate it. Where? I don't know, any thoughts on this guys?
 
I'd love to see that happen, and you could possibly move venues from year to year to give more people chance to attend.
 
Tennesseejoe said:
I think you have a great idea-----Why don't you do it?????

I have no idea about the first thing in running a tourney. But I like the roaming city idea.
 
Last edited:
RunoutalloverU said:
But I like the roaming city idea.

All I can see (sea?) are actuarials :eek:

Seriously, I think your best bet is a mini at the bigger events, people may be traveliing there anyway. Between all the league championships and the larger pro events you have several opportunities a year to organize something. I can see perhaps something working in the densly populated parts of the USA, but it would be fairly foolish to expect anyone to travel to Saskatoon in the middle of the *!#&!! winter with snow blowing in your face and car vents and temperatures too cold for the dog to poop outside.

Dave
 
I Want Some Little Bottles Of Liquor & Some Peanuts

RunoutalloverU said:
Has anyone ever suggested this? I think it would be quite an event. Maybe make it a yearly deal. Mr. Helfert could facillitate it. Where? I don't know, any thoughts on this guys?



I think that it should be held in Tahiti and each AZB member should be allowed to invite a 'guest' and Jay and Fatboy can pay for it.

Doug
( and RandyG "NYC cue dude" should pay for 1st Class round trip airfare because he can ) :)
 
Smorgass Bored said:
I think that it should be held in Tahiti and each AZB member should be allowed to invite a 'guest' and Jay and Fatboy can pay for it.

Doug
( and RandyG "NYC cue dude" should pay for 1st Class round trip airfare because he can ) :)

I think we have a winning plan here!;) :D
 
Didn't there used to be a holiday online Drivermaker memorial? We aren't doing it this year? I've not had the time in the past year or two, but I'm up for it this year, the in-laws are coming!!!
 
More good rep for Doug cause he's the Man with the plan.

Please send me the airline tickets and room reservations early as I'm out of work so I can go on over a couple months early and make sure the accomodations are nice enough and the bottle water is clean so Jay and fatboy don't get sick again.

Leonard
 
well I nominate Hall of Fame Billiards as the first official site for the AZB Tournament.....

But that sounds like a kewl Idea, having a annual tournament, you could hold it over the weekend. and then run some mini's too.

Say have something like, a guys and ladies bracket, and choose between 8ball and 9ball.
 
Smorgass Bored said:
I think that it should be held in Tahiti and each AZB member should be allowed to invite a 'guest' and Jay and Fatboy can pay for it.

Doug
( and RandyG "NYC cue dude" should pay for 1st Class round trip airfare because he can ) :)


Sounds like a great idea, count me in :-)....randyg
 
The AZ room at DCC is a good start in the right direction. You never know. There is a real cool spot I know about in Vegas that just might lend itself to something like this, perhaps on an annual basis. Food for thought!
 
poolcuemaster said:
More good rep for Doug cause he's the Man with the plan.

Please send me the airline tickets and room reservations early as I'm out of work so I can go on over a couple months early and make sure the accomodations are nice enough and the bottle water is clean so Jay and fatboy don't get sick again.

Leonard

I'm thinking we should go with a private jet & you can pick the DFW crew up on the way out! It might have to be a big plane.:)
 
shinyballs said:
Didn't there used to be a holiday online Drivermaker memorial? We aren't doing it this year? I've not had the time in the past year or two, but I'm up for it this year, the in-laws are coming!!!

Yes and Yes. Here is the sign up thread :

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=80387

The rules are in the BUD Bowl subforum in the Tournaments section. And if I may say so, playing in the BUD Bowl as an excuse to hide from the inlaws is an excellent idea, rep to you !

Dave
 
What I would like to see is Regional Tournaments (Like qualifiers), that will get you entry into the Championships (Maybe at DCC)?
 
Back
Top