back it/jack it ??

2andOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the point of back it/jack it. Since your hill-hill, why not just win the next game and the next set.

I never understood the advantage or the allure of back/jack it when you get to hillhill gambling.

I rarely gamble though, so perhaps something I'm missing.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If you think you are the better player then you don't always want to bet the whole set on one game.

If you get a bad roll and lose then you have to win the next set to be even. But if you get the opponent to play another set for double the stakes then you have put pressure on him and taken pressure off yourself. Now you can play the same amount of games and have a shot at winning twice as much rather than having to win just to be even.

And when you make this move the bet rarely goes down after the bet is jacked so you stand to make much more money.

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
What's the point of back it/jack it. Since your hill-hill, why not just win the next game and the next set.

I never understood the advantage or the allure of back/jack it when you get to hillhill gambling.

I rarely gamble though, so perhaps something I'm missing.

In general, I agree with JB's post, it is advantageous for the better player; however, for me personally, I hate losing by one game. Therefore, I will always back up/jack up and play another set for double rather than letting it ride on one game.

Another alternative, of course, is to make an agreement before the game that the winner must win by two. I actually like this option quite a bit.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If its actually a close matchup, I'll go ahead and roll the dice on the last game. With win-by-2 Ive had a race to 5 turn into an hour long deal. I like to get on with things... then again, I'm playing for a couple hundred and not thousands.