Bad experience in New York City.....

worldison2 said:
Maybe the customer was walking around changing the dynamics of the poolroom without asking. Maybe he played with the thermostats in the room, too. Maybe he had the same crap attitude he's presented in this thread. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE

I guess without getting both sides of the story we'll never know. But we can just keep talking about it all day!

I'm really surprised I have to explain this.

It was a joke. The room owner is BALD. Get it?

I guess it's my fault for not using happy faces, LOL or explaining up front it was a joke.

With some people, you tell them to sweep the floor. Other people, you have to tell them to GET THE BROOM and sweep the floor! (This is also a joke. I thought I would point that out in advance so it won't be misunderstood.)

As far as customer relations, the old business adage comes to mind: "Want to know how important a customer really is? Try doing business without him."

Having run pool rooms for over 20 yrs., I would have handled the situation a little differently. Knowing that day time customers are rare, I would go out of my way to make their stay as comfortable as possible. I would have moved him to another table away from the glare and/or pulled more of the blinds down to help the situation.

Did it cost me anything extra? Nope, not a dime.

And I end up with, hopefully, a repeat customer instead of a disgruntled customer coming on the largest pool related website and knocking my business.

Also, the only true DYNAMIC I'm worried about in my business is hearing the cash register ring! LOL

Stones
 
Actually....

I don't think it's a bad place to play pool, it's the lights. Some tables sem better than others. Especially the front two. I played there quite a bit for months and did OK. It was the day Greg got bent and I thought maybe in an empty room adjustin the blinds was ok. The rest of it is nothing. And for the "Maybe times three crowd, No I didn't do anything to the thermostats. I like the people there, the staff, the pros, the daytime crowd, it's a good scene. But the goddamned table lights.


mike;)
 
AMSTERDAM BILLIARDS IS TERRIBLE TERRIBLE (dirty)

AMSTERDAMN BILLIARDS IS FULL OF FAGS AND WEIRDO'S
I HEARD SOMEONE CAUGHT HERPES JUST FROM HANDLING THE CUES AND RACKING BALLS
VERY DIRTY VERY DIRTY, BE CAREFULL
 

Attachments

  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 290
boxtop said:
AMSTERDAMN BILLIARDS IS FULL OF FAGS AND WEIRDO'S
I HEARD SOMEONE CAUGHT HERPES JUST FROM HANDLING THE CUES AND RACKING BALLS
VERY DIRTY VERY DIRTY, BE CAREFULL

Now I see how you got your collection of red rep. :rolleyes: Bigotry has no place here on AZ. :ignore:
 
Worth a try......

If you go to NYC you should try Amsterdam for yourself. I didn't care for the table lights but the scene is cool.

mike
 
Close, but no Cigar(ette)....

boxtop said:
AMSTERDAMN BILLIARDS IS FULL OF FAGS

And I thought it was a non-smoking venue...

On an unrelated note, the funniest graffito I ever saw was actually part of a mural on the restroom wall of a Mexican restaurant. It said, "Please don't throw cigarette butts in the urinals. It makes them hard to re-light."
 
The guy sounds like he was a real ass hat for getting bent about closing the blinds but, and this is important, it's his place. You probably should have gone to him first and asked if you could pull them down, he may have said OK.
MULLY
and you probably shouldn't have insulted his choice of lighting
 
cleary said:
I guess it depends on what your looking for in a poolroom. I for one like a place where, if need be, I can take a dump.

At Amsterdam, I can take a dump. At Broadway billiards, ehh.... ill hold it.
You just put a whole new twist on this thread and what you're saying could be a big factor if you get caught in a emergency situation.......
 
The bathrooms at ABC are still the same ones from Corner Billiards. Although acceptable, they are not 'upscale' in the least. When ABC first took over, there were signs saying they would be fixed 'next' which is yet to happen. It's a fine place to play. Comparing ABC and Broadway, well there is no comparison.
 
No problem the day before...

mullyman said:
The guy sounds like he was a real ass hat for getting bent about closing the blinds but, and this is important, it's his place. You probably should have gone to him first and asked if you could pull them down, he may have said OK.
MULLY
and you probably shouldn't have insulted his choice of lighting

It was no problem the day before or the week before at least a few times. If no one says anything the lights would never change.
Have they improved the lights yet? Somebody in NYC let us know....

mike
 
Complex13 said:
Take the Browns to the Super Bowl.

Download some software.

Throw some mud into the pond.

Pinch a loaf.

Take a groaner...

:)

Rule from the porcelain throne.
Visit the Throne of Thought.
Roll some cubans.
Heave a Havana. (Or cuban omelette if you have the runs)
Spelunking.
Going to the reading room.
Offering a gift to the porcelain god.
 
Mike the Bike said:
cleary, This is nonsense. The restrooms at Broadway are clean and kept that way. The Asian Gentlemen that operate the room are very strict about keeping it clean. Also there is a worker that brushes and wipes the rails of every table as soon as it is cleared. It is a clean and well lit room. A good selection of beers and not overpriced. In other words a good poolroom. When were you last in there?

mike

And bring a house cue - you'll need to prop it up against the door because the lock work poorly.
 
Oddball said:
Rule from the porcelain throne.
Visit the Throne of Thought.
Roll some cubans.
Heave a Havana. (Or cuban omelette if you have the runs)
Spelunking.
Going to the reading room.
Offering a gift to the porcelain god.

Jesus, this is pretty off topic....I'll help though. :thumbup:

Dropping the kids off at the pool
Got one in the departure gate
Releasing a hostage
Bunghole train has left the station
Torqueing a moon-fish
 
Mike the Bike said:
it is funny the way a thread changes.....

Yeah, it reminds me of that game where you have thirty people in a circle and you tell the person next to you something, then they tell the next person etc...It's amazing how different it is when it gets back around to you.

~rc
 
Mike the Bike said:
It was no problem the day before or the week before at least a few times. If no one says anything the lights would never change.
Have they improved the lights yet? Somebody in NYC let us know....

mike

I thought you liked those kind of light bulbs. And he was probably trying to heat the place using passive solar. You were trying to get him to add to global warming that day, weren't you mike?

:)

~rc
 
Mike the Bike said:
It was no problem the day before or the week before at least a few times. If no one says anything the lights would never change.
Have they improved the lights yet? Somebody in NYC let us know....

mike


I would think a regular player customer of the room should be the one to say something if there is in fact a problem. The lighting was probably just bad because it was the middle of the afternoon. Lights usually aren't very effective when sunlight is giving them a little help. Again, I'm not against the person originally posted the topic, I'm assuming you brought it from somewhere else, all I'm saying is if anyone is going to go into a place and shoot some pool for a first or second time and you want to close the shades to at least ask first. And again, not very polite for a first time customer to question the lighting that the owner chose. I think the owner was kind of a jerk but I can't really blame him.......from what I read.
MULLY
 
Mully, I'd been going there for about three months. I complained about the lights alot. I adjusted the blinds the day before without any comment form anyone. Evan was just having a bad day or something. I don't dislike Evan, he was always
cordial before and i'm sure he's cool. It's the table lights, the bar, the staff, everything else is cool.


mike
 
Back
Top